Show girls

Try the "Showgirls" thread. The term "showgirls," applies to both genders :idunno. It begins as a cross between a Silkie and a Turken(also called Naked neck). I may be wrong but, I believe only one cross of said parents is necessary. Resulting chicks may be some regular silkies, some showgirls and some turkens.

Showgirls have the same breed traits as regular silkies, in terms of personality and broodiness but seem to have a greater adaptability to heat and cold climates.

Try the "Showgirls" thread. The term "showgirls," applies to both genders :idunno. It begins as a cross between a Silkie and a Turken(also called Naked neck). I may be wrong but, I believe only one cross of said parents is necessary. Resulting chicks may be some regular silkies, some showgirls and some turkens.

Showgirls have the same breed traits as regular silkies, in terms of personality and broodiness but seem to have a greater adaptability to heat and cold climates.
You are correct that the foundation stock of the Showgirl is the Naked Neck and Silkie. Now however they breed true.

Try the "Showgirls" thread. The term "showgirls," applies to both genders :idunno. It begins as a cross between a Silkie and a Turken(also called Naked neck). I may be wrong but, I believe only one cross of said parents is necessary. may be some regular silkies, some showgirls and some turkens.

YES EXACTLY RIGHT YOU ARE..!!! I have been investigating all about them & the NN's, and I read in an article that said there is a new term for the boys its show girl guys or was it show guys..?...lol.. any way just to cute,would love to find a good breeder of those little baby dolls , been dreaming about getting show girls for quite some time , so fingers crossed I find some soon:woot:thumbsup:clap:ya and thanks for your kindness , have a great evening..!:frow:) o and I had NN's or Turkens back in the 1960's

You are correct that the foundation stock of the Showgirl is the Naked Neck and Silkie. Now however they breed true.
actually NO they wont breed true & need a lot of breeding back and forth into the silkies to keep the desired affect, that sweet show girl look ..! but breeding Showgirl to Showgirl, you can come up with some pretty naked birds." I would love to find some of the crested show girls, i hear some are calling them nacked neck silkies. but I like showgirls its a perfect name for them since they are certainly the showiest girls & guys :lol:...HA:clap:thumbsup:woot:highfive::frow

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom