Show me Pics of your Chicks!!!

So you have been holding them...and it appears as though they like the attention. Is Buttercup more include to be stroked?

Ok!! Here are some: Unknown Black Australorp Partridge rock Unknown Black Australorp
Okay I don't mean to sound dumb but when it comes to chicken stuff I am... is "Partridge" a reference to color? That mottled brown, black, beige and can any chick/chicken hatched with those colors be considered Partridge? Do you find that friendlier birds are friendlier right from the being as a rule? Of course they are so very cute.

They have had daily cuddling since the beginning minus a week when we had the flu.. It took alot for them to get over being terrified of us reaching into the brooder. But, they are now pretty familiar with us and once they feel you pick them up they instantly relax, instead of spaz like in the beginning. They both like to be petted gently and will fall asleep on ya. Buttercup is the baby of the two, she loves her cheeks rubbed
1f604.png

Wow. Good hatching! You got quite a little brood there and of course they are adorable. How many are in your flock? Do you have only EE?
I have two EE hens (Buff orp x ameraucana and Light Brahma x ameraucana) and two EE roos (Light Brahma x ameraucana and Salmon Faverolle x ameraucana). Those two roos also share space with 100 red sex link hens, and several of these came from brown eggs. And a couple came from a local farm learning center where they run the birds together, that's where the EE parents came from (last year's eggs).

I have a commercial brown egg layer operation, 275 hens right now, but they are boring. I love the mixes and the mystery of what will turn out. The various colored eggs spice up the cartons, too.

I have 16 more of the RSL mixes set to hatch on the 9th.

Last edited:
I have two EE hens (Buff orp x ameraucana and Light Brahma x ameraucana) and two EE roos (Light Brahma x ameraucana and Salmon Faverolle x ameraucana).  Those two roos also share space with 100 red sex link hens, and several of these came from brown eggs.  And a couple came from a local farm learning center where they run the birds together, that's where the EE parents came from (last year's eggs).

I have a commercial brown egg layer operation, 275 hens right now, but they are boring.  I love the mixes and the mystery of what will turn out.  The various colored eggs spice up the cartons, too.

I have 16 more of the RSL mixes set to hatch on the 9th.

Wow. That's a lot of chickens. Thank you for answering my questions and feel free to post updates of the chicks I would love to see what they end up looking like.

Wow!!! Your chicks are beautiful. I wish I could get fuzzy butts right now.
Do you like the Muscovy Ducks. Are they for meat or just because? And of course, I want ducks to... and the turkeys. They are all so cute. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks! Yes, I do like the muscovys, the people I got them from didn't do anything with them though, so mine are really crazy (though they have improved). I keep the hens around, for eggs (they are seasonal layers, so don't lay as well as other duck breeds) and we eat the drakes. One thing I really like about them is that they are much cleaner than other ducks, and are good about laying in the nest boxes. I hope they will start sitting soon, and than maybe I'll have some more resent pictures to post.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom