Show me pictures of your mixed breeds

Pics
She is so different looking! Isn't it amazing what we can come up with when breeding! I just think it's amazing and beautiful!
She was the only one of the 4 that hatched that I could positively ID both parents. Mixed breed flock. The other pictures are her clutch mates. Unknown who donated the other eggs. Unintentional breeding, if you will. She acts like her mama, the brooder, who was very protective whenever in the nesting box, aka attack mode.
20221114_162023.jpg
20230507_135118.jpg
20221230_143154.jpg

Keep us up to date on this project, please.

This year I am adding Speckled Sussex, Marans, Rangers, and Buckeyes. I also have a line on Orpington x Brahma hatching eggs when my girls start to go broody.
This project is being put on the back burner for now. It seems like I might be trying to create something that already exists. I got some Icelandics and so far like what I see. If they do well this summer, I will probably only keep them and cull the rest of the layers I currently have.

I don't have a picture, but I will get one when I'm home from school. I have nine birds that are all mixes that hatched this week, and they mostly look like barred rock cross, but there is one I think their father is the other rooster, who is a rhode island red. I think this because the bird has brownish feathers on its eyebrows. I also have some with toe feathers, their mom is a brahma!

Back
Top Bottom