Show me your cats!

Here’s my cat Jack. He was rescued by a veterinarian when he was left by his mom in a barn and was feral. He was in CL ad saying he was mean and couldn’t find a home for Christmas. I called and they told me that he hates everyone but I could try to sweet talk him. They said he kept biting and scratching people no matter who it was. He was neutered by the vet and up to date on all his shots.

I went to the vet, opened his cage, and sat on the floor. In a heartbeat he climbed in my lap and purred so loud the receptionist could hear him. The vet walked out and said “I guess you have yourself a free cat for Christmas!”

He hasn’t stopped purring since and he’s my buddy. He comes when I say his name, he can do high fives, he loves chicken, and he loves snuggling with me.

My dogs consider him one of their pack and they love wrestling him.

View attachment 2253964
That is such a beautiful cat! 😍

Here’s my pretty boy, he’s an indoor cat but during his supervised outside time he gets to see the chickens! No prey drive at all in him, he’ll try to groom the chickens, rabbits and dogs, although he seems to be a bit frightened of the flock at times!

Attachments

• 1B825B47-3B90-445F-BA7D-08526E5A410B.jpeg
    1B825B47-3B90-445F-BA7D-08526E5A410B.jpeg
    433.7 KB · Views: 8
This is Mouse. He’s great with the chickens (mainly cause they’re slightly bigger than him lol). He comes out with me to feed them every morning. Out of the 5 cats, he’s 1 of 2 who come outside. I don’t have any pics of the other one for some reason.

Attachments

• 860B9B6B-8E80-4F06-8BAB-706ADA78A033.png
    860B9B6B-8E80-4F06-8BAB-706ADA78A033.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • 407D3766-BC7C-441F-979B-A2ED83AE93EE.jpeg
    407D3766-BC7C-441F-979B-A2ED83AE93EE.jpeg
    296.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 011C2747-E99D-41AA-BC9A-22ADCEB1E84E.png
    011C2747-E99D-41AA-BC9A-22ADCEB1E84E.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 6
  • 9B10278D-283C-400C-9062-3C9EBDE8B9A4.jpeg
    9B10278D-283C-400C-9062-3C9EBDE8B9A4.jpeg
    366 KB · Views: 8
  • 872F7D05-7092-4C8B-93D7-C91B9107EFF2.jpeg
    872F7D05-7092-4C8B-93D7-C91B9107EFF2.jpeg
    324.7 KB · Views: 8
Here’s my cat Jack. He was rescued by a veterinarian when he was left by his mom in a barn and was feral. He was in CL ad saying he was mean and couldn’t find a home for Christmas. I called and they told me that he hates everyone but I could try to sweet talk him. They said he kept biting and scratching people no matter who it was. He was neutered by the vet and up to date on all his shots.

I went to the vet, opened his cage, and sat on the floor. In a heartbeat he climbed in my lap and purred so loud the receptionist could hear him. The vet walked out and said “I guess you have yourself a free cat for Christmas!”

He hasn’t stopped purring since and he’s my buddy. He comes when I say his name, he can do high fives, he loves chicken, and he loves snuggling with me.

My dogs consider him one of their pack and they love wrestling him.

View attachment 2253964
Awww 🥰 😍 Thats so sweet!!

63D2B854-2E3B-4BFC-B7D1-C6EC2A984C13.jpeg

these guys are Merry (the floof melting on the coffee table) and Pippin (the black nugget in the front). They both came to me at around 2-3 weeks old, a neighbour’s dog was trying to eat them in an old barn on their property and somehow I wound up with them. (Yeah, no, everyone knows I’m one of the crazy cat ladies around here. Hahaha)
They needed to be bottle fed and stimulated after, and I’ll never forget the sound (and smell) from merry when he had his first BM full of pine needles.... I guess they were starving and were eating anything they could find... but they’re good cats, pippin just wants to be friends with everyone and merry knows not to mess with the birds after my drake from last year punched him in the face. :lau He likes to watch them from afar.

I have two cats, this is Black Jack Sparrow, named for Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean, we just call him Black Jack.
IMG_0163.JPG
IMG_0610.JPG

We got him as a kitten from the shelter, and have had him for 8 yrs.

This is Crusoe, named for Robinson Crusoe. When we moved into our current house 7 yrs ago we occasionally took care of our neighbors pigeons when he went on trips, we would also raise them when they were born, so once when we were raising a couple together, someone left the cage door open, and the next day we had a new and devoted cat, and no more pigeons.
IMG_0028.JPG

We believe he is a British Short-hair, we have had him for about 6 yrs, and when talking to our neighbors 6 yrs ago when he first showed up, they told he had shown up 10 yrs earlier with a collar and the name "Jack", so we only know he is very old, but he hunts our mice, and is outside most of the day, and gets along fine with the chickens and rabbits.

Attachments

• IMG_0201.JPG
    IMG_0201.JPG
    411.6 KB · Views: 5
View attachment 2254241
these guys are Merry (the floof melting on the coffee table) and Pippin (the black nugget in the front). They both came to me at around 2-3 weeks old, a neighbour’s dog was trying to eat them in an old barn on their property and somehow I wound up with them. (Yeah, no, everyone knows I’m one of the crazy cat ladies around here. Hahaha)
They needed to be bottle fed and stimulated after, and I’ll never forget the sound (and smell) from merry when he had his first BM full of pine needles.... I guess they were starving and were eating anything they could find... but they’re good cats, pippin just wants to be friends with everyone and merry knows not to mess with the birds after my drake from last year punched him in the face. :lau He likes to watch them from afar.
They are beautiful cats!!

View attachment 2253959
Meet Shithead. Theo for short.
He’s 16 lbs and has ignored all the chickens and chicks. He does, however, think roosters are evil. He dove onto my RIR roo once a week religiously. Don’t think he was out for blood..... more of the ‘I am king stuff around here.’ It’d terrify the roo for 4-5 days till he got cocky again, then Theo would take him down a notch.
I named a puppy shithead.. lol.

Back
Top Bottom