SHOW ME, your diy feeders and waters

Very cool indead, Michael! Funny to watch them swinging the feed cup. Great idea!
smile.png
I recommend you all to try this feeder. There is no wastage of feeds and my chickens are enjoying their new Automatic chicken feeder. There is more information about this feeder in their website www.peckomatic.com

This is the waterer I just made. It is almost 12 oz. Good for chicks or to dispense Oregano Tea or VetRX or as a temporary waterer for quarantined. I made it with a Folgers coffee container and the bottom of a Wendy's half-size salad box. Tools required: A mini hot glue gun and a glue stick. Easy!

This is my mayo jar waterer, It works well and does not leak. I use it in my brooder and also have one hanging in the coop (have a 3 gal waterer in my run) Iike it because it is small and nearly free to make. You could use any plastic jar with a scew on lid. just remember that if you dont hang them (secure them with a strap around the jar) you still need to put a vent hole in the top.

My waterer... 55 gallon drum with a float valve installed so I can easy fill it unattended with a hose or even leave it hooked up to the hose 24/7... There is a water heater drip pan under it to catch any drips and divert them to a bucket outside the coop area... Nipples at different heights and brick steps on the sides to accommodate my mixed flock of bantams, standards, guinea fowl and peafowl... I have an above freezing heated coop so no worries about freezing water but I'm still going to install a heater before winter to hold the water closer to 50°F for a piece of mind, just waiting on a few more parts to arrive...

My feeder... Holds 150 pounds of feed with zero waste...

Go by a fast food restaurant and ask for their old pickle buckets (5 gallons). You can also go by a bakery and ask for their old frosting buckets (1-2 gallons).

My waterer... 55 gallon drum with a float valve installed so I can easy fill it unattended with a hose or even leave it hooked up to the hose 24/7... There is a water heater drip pan under it to catch any drips and divert them to a bucket outside the coop area... Nipples at different heights and brick steps on the sides to accommodate my mixed flock of bantams, standards, guinea fowl and peafowl... I have an above freezing heated coop so no worries about freezing water but I'm still going to install a heater before winter to hold the water closer to 50°F for a piece of mind, just waiting on a few more parts to arrive...

My feeder... Holds 150 pounds of feed with zero waste...

Is that a 4" PVC joint? Does it have a bend that points down? If it is straight, what is the length?

Back
Top Bottom