1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Show me your Easter Egger chicks please.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Grammahen, Apr 7, 2011.

1. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    cute! i love EEs!

2. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    I'm so glad to see some pics of grown hens that look just like mine as babies! I picked the ones w/ the smallest flattest combs out of the SR EE bin, but out of my 5 4-5 week olds, I thought I had 4 boys! LOL. Nice to see there's still hope! Some of your girls looked like they had the wide flat comb some of mine have and in the "what breed/sex" forum, I was told they're boys b/c of that. Maybe not!

3. jillion

jillion New Egg

Apr 21, 2011
    I love these EE threads! I got an EE about 4 weeks ago and named her Fifi. Here are some pictures of her.
    1 day old
    [​IMG]
    9 days old
    [​IMG]
    16 days old (with my RIR and BO)
    [​IMG]
    23 days old
    [​IMG]
    23 days head shot
    [​IMG]

4. PioneerPrincess

PioneerPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    TX
    6 weeks

now at 9 weeks(debated weather she's a hen or roo)

cutest pic!

and this is my coop, you like it?

I have a black and white EE that looks almost exactly like yours! I, too, am debating whether Lavender is a pullet or cockerel. His/her tail sticks almost straight up unlike my other EE pullet's tail. I'm pretty sure I saw he/she breeding with one of the pullets. He/ she is only seven weeks old. Do dominant pullets do this???? Why must EE's be so confusing? [​IMG]

I REALLY like your coop. You did a really good job on it. [​IMG]

5. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    I adore my EE chickens. They are so much fun. Here's some pics. There's a SLW mixed in with the bunch.

Here's mine at about a week old:
    [​IMG]

They were probably 3-4 weeks old here:
    [​IMG]

This was around 6-7 weeks:
    [​IMG]

They're around 3 months old here:
    [​IMG]

Then around 7 or 8 months:
    [​IMG]

This one is of Lucky, taken just last week, she'll be a year old this week:
    [​IMG]

And lastly, a couple eggs. I'm not sure who lays what, just that two lay a nice olive color, one lays a seafoam greenish blue. The last one sometimes lays seafoam color, other times kind of a tan color.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. shuizar209

shuizar209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2009
    Riverside
    Quote:Look at those cheeks. Biggest Ive seen by far.

7. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    Quote:I have a black and white EE that looks almost exactly like yours! I, too, am debating whether Lavender is a pullet or cockerel. His/her tail sticks almost straight up unlike my other EE pullet's tail. I'm pretty sure I saw he/she breeding with one of the pullets. He/ she is only seven weeks old. Do dominant pullets do this???? Why must EE's be so confusing? [​IMG]

I REALLY like your coop. You did a really good job on it. [​IMG]

do you have a picture of he/r? i'd like to compare!

8. Adorkable

Adorkable Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2010
    Wowzers... I'm so surprised at how they change so much. I just had to update lol.

Lucinda was about a week and a half old in this picture.
    [​IMG]

Here she is at almost 4 weeks old
    [​IMG]

4 and a half weeks old here. Her stance looks a little cockerely to me... I hope I'm wrong lol.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bibi 4-6 days old in this pic.
    [​IMG]

Here she is at 2 weeks old.
    [​IMG]

About 4 weeks old here.
    [​IMG]

4 and a half weeks old... she has some red on her wings.
    [​IMG]

I was gonna name this one The Pope but she is going blond so named her Angelina. I think she's 4-6 days old here.
    [​IMG]

Here she is at 2 weeks.
    [​IMG]

4 weeks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one hasn't changed too much. No name yet... all of their names are tentative lol. She's 4-6 days old here.
    [​IMG]

She had a cute little red patch on her forehead. She questions everything... just like me [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here she is about 2 weeks old.
    [​IMG]

She's about 4 to 4 and a half weeks old here. She's my little buddy [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for all the pics [​IMG]

9. Grammahen

Grammahen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Southern New Hampshire
    Those are great pictures! Cuuuuute [​IMG]

10. CowgirlPenny

CowgirlPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    Well, in my last post we sadly lost two of our Ameraucana last night. So heartbreaking. They were 7 weeks old. I can't talk about them or I'll cry so let's talk about the new ones. [​IMG]

Sorry that some were camera shy!

By pure fate I'm sure of it, the feed store had a big assortment of Ameraucana chicks (this late in the year...meant to be!) I went to get two to replace the ones we lost, but left with 4...and a silkie. Chicken Math!

Starting on the right, the EE's are # 1,2,3 and 6. Look at my poor little d"Uccles. We don't have the heart to tell them they are not as big as the others! lol You would never know though, they hold their own.
    [​IMG]

My favorite new EE. Like a baby with chubby cheeks. Love it!! She's got a nice cinnamon and white color on her wings. Should be really pretty as a hen. Any advice for the fur that keeps getting in her eyes? Sometimes it's straight up and like touching her eyes. Seems to bother her. I have brushed it down a ton today...keeps standing back up.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by