Show me your Easter Egger chicks please.

Pics
I'm so glad to see some pics of grown hens that look just like mine as babies! I picked the ones w/ the smallest flattest combs out of the SR EE bin, but out of my 5 4-5 week olds, I thought I had 4 boys! LOL. Nice to see there's still hope! Some of your girls looked like they had the wide flat comb some of mine have and in the "what breed/sex" forum, I was told they're boys b/c of that. Maybe not!

I love these EE threads! I got an EE about 4 weeks ago and named her Fifi. Here are some pictures of her.
1 day old
87880_img_0092.jpg

9 days old
87880_img_0119.jpg

16 days old (with my RIR and BO)
87880_img_0134.jpg

23 days old
87880_img_0242.jpg

23 days head shot
87880_img_0240.jpg

6 weeks

now at 9 weeks(debated weather she's a hen or roo)

cutest pic!

and this is my coop, you like it?

I have a black and white EE that looks almost exactly like yours! I, too, am debating whether Lavender is a pullet or cockerel. His/her tail sticks almost straight up unlike my other EE pullet's tail. I'm pretty sure I saw he/she breeding with one of the pullets. He/ she is only seven weeks old. Do dominant pullets do this???? Why must EE's be so confusing?
tongue.png

I REALLY like your coop. You did a really good job on it.
smile.png

I adore my EE chickens. They are so much fun. Here's some pics. There's a SLW mixed in with the bunch.

Here's mine at about a week old:
chicks7days.jpg

They were probably 3-4 weeks old here:
IMG_3497.jpg

This was around 6-7 weeks:
chickensjune11.jpg

They're around 3 months old here:
hensjul10.jpg

Then around 7 or 8 months:
chickenssept9.jpg

This one is of Lucky, taken just last week, she'll be a year old this week:
a32081e4.jpg

And lastly, a couple eggs. I'm not sure who lays what, just that two lay a nice olive color, one lays a seafoam greenish blue. The last one sometimes lays seafoam color, other times kind of a tan color.
eggsoct22.jpg

Quote:
I have a black and white EE that looks almost exactly like yours! I, too, am debating whether Lavender is a pullet or cockerel. His/her tail sticks almost straight up unlike my other EE pullet's tail. I'm pretty sure I saw he/she breeding with one of the pullets. He/ she is only seven weeks old. Do dominant pullets do this???? Why must EE's be so confusing?
tongue.png

I REALLY like your coop. You did a really good job on it.
smile.png

do you have a picture of he/r? i'd like to compare!

Wowzers... I'm so surprised at how they change so much. I just had to update lol.

Lucinda was about a week and a half old in this picture.
68363_1halfweeks.jpg

Here she is at almost 4 weeks old
68363_3wkzz.jpg

4 and a half weeks old here. Her stance looks a little cockerely to me... I hope I'm wrong lol.
68363_4halfwkscockerelstance.jpg

68363_4halfwksneck.jpg

Bibi 4-6 days old in this pic.
68363_p10104001.jpg

Here she is at 2 weeks old.
68363_2wksof2.jpg

About 4 weeks old here.
68363_frontbeak.jpg

4 and a half weeks old... she has some red on her wings.
68363_4wksonmywrist.jpg

I was gonna name this one The Pope but she is going blond so named her Angelina. I think she's 4-6 days old here.
68363_thepope2.jpg

Here she is at 2 weeks.
68363_angelina2wks.jpg

4 weeks.
68363_back.jpg

68363_4halfwksang.jpg

This one hasn't changed too much. No name yet... all of their names are tentative lol. She's 4-6 days old here.
68363_blckbrownchick1.jpg

She had a cute little red patch on her forehead. She questions everything... just like me
smile.png

68363_haithurr.jpg

Here she is about 2 weeks old.
68363_bchicky2weeks.jpg

She's about 4 to 4 and a half weeks old here. She's my little buddy
smile.png

68363_keyboardchicken.jpg

Sorry for all the pics
roll.png

Well, in my last post we sadly lost two of our Ameraucana last night. So heartbreaking. They were 7 weeks old. I can't talk about them or I'll cry so let's talk about the new ones.
wink.png

Sorry that some were camera shy!

By pure fate I'm sure of it, the feed store had a big assortment of Ameraucana chicks (this late in the year...meant to be!) I went to get two to replace the ones we lost, but left with 4...and a silkie. Chicken Math!

Starting on the right, the EE's are # 1,2,3 and 6. Look at my poor little d"Uccles. We don't have the heart to tell them they are not as big as the others! lol You would never know though, they hold their own.
010-2.jpg

My favorite new EE. Like a baby with chubby cheeks. Love it!! She's got a nice cinnamon and white color on her wings. Should be really pretty as a hen. Any advice for the fur that keeps getting in her eyes? Sometimes it's straight up and like touching her eyes. Seems to bother her. I have brushed it down a ton today...keeps standing back up.

014-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom