Show me your quail pens!!!

Thanks for the compliments. If you are looking to house button quail....I would stronly reccomend an indoor cage. Or at least something inside a shed/outbuilding. I know many say they can do fine outdoors...but I have seen them, though never bred/owned any and just feel they are way too small to be housed outdoors in harsh temps/weather.
thumbsup.gif

here is my main pen- built it to be open and airy to shed the phoenix area heat- I have a corrugated roof over the top now that was added later, but I like my top-latching doors on all sides- it makes egg retrieval quite easy! I keep a "shoebox condo" inside for them to hang out in and hide from any wind, but it is rarely windy here in AZ unless we are having a monsoon!

DSCN1456.jpg

DSCN1457.jpg

DSCN1461.jpg

DSCN1474.jpg

good luck with your coop building!
smile.png
K

big_smile.png
Thanks I hope that was alright with you...I found the pic on my desktop and figured I would see what it looks like as an avatar...LOVE IT. I will have to get the real deal from you as soon as I have the cash for a sign...buying too much feed and eggs right now
cool.png

I wouldn't mix quail and chickens. There is some disease that will transfer to quail and kill them. There's a thread in the Quail forum I think it's in one of the sticky's. Would be best to read that. It's gruesome what it does to quail.

Back
Top Bottom