Show me your quail pens!!!

Pics

IMAG0429 by Cowgirl Jules, on Flickr
This is one of the two (in progress) that my husband is building me. They are divided into two sections, so four 3x4 cages. Hardware cloth is going around the outside and a tin roof on top.

excellent! please thank husband with frosty beverage...

thumbsup.gif

Here is my "random material" quail cage that I finished a few weeks ago. I plan on adding an apron and siding (with random wood scraps) to the bottom and creating a compost pile underneath. That way, the poop falls right into the compost and saves me the trouble of moving it there. It is 6'-0" x 2'-0" and I built a bare structure in the middle in order to be able to divide it at a later date as it would be nice to make it a quail/rabbit hutch combo. The materials are mostly upcycled from other projects - the hardware cloth was from our chicken coop, the wood siding is scrap pieces of wood too short to build anything with, the paint was a mix of leftover paints from random projects. It felt really good to take scraps that were worthless by themselves and make something useful and pretty. :) I think I spent maybe $40 total on the cage.

Here is how it looks next to our chicken coop. I think they compliment each other nicely. :)

You did a very nice job. Your birds should be quite happy.
big_smile.png
thumbsup.gif

Can I add one small suggestion? You may want to stake your pen down before you put your birds in. I would hate for the wind to take your birds for a ride.

Here's the quail coop I just finished the other day. I based on this design on a coop I saw on here a few months ago: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/280575/show-me-you-quail-pens/140#post_4922143

Here is my "random material" quail cage that I finished a few weeks ago. I plan on adding an apron and siding (with random wood scraps) to the bottom and creating a compost pile underneath. That way, the poop falls right into the compost and saves me the trouble of moving it there. It is 6'-0" x 2'-0" and I built a bare structure in the middle in order to be able to divide it at a later date as it would be nice to make it a quail/rabbit hutch combo. The materials are mostly upcycled from other projects - the hardware cloth was from our chicken coop, the wood siding is scrap pieces of wood too short to build anything with, the paint was a mix of leftover paints from random projects. It felt really good to take scraps that were worthless by themselves and make something useful and pretty. :) I think I spent maybe $40 total on the cage.

Here is how it looks next to our chicken coop. I think they compliment each other nicely. :)

jbobs, hilarious...you need something like this... I used it for starting seedlings in the spring, but totally incognito...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom