Show off your babies for 2020

I have ten adorable muscovy ducklings who hatched this morning but unfortunately their mother passed away just after they hatched due to an unknown cause. I got up in the morning to check on her and saw the babies in the nest but she was laying about a foot away next to the water dish and breathing heavily. I’m not sure if she’d been neglecting herself because she was so focused on her clutch but I saw her get up almost everyday to eat and drink. I am devastated because she was my favorite hen and I was so excited to watch her raise babies. :( I’m glad I can raise her ducklings though and one is barred like her.
9B880FEC-ACBF-4CCD-8638-855FA8E3AAE7.jpeg
D8272C52-C69E-4155-BB26-0884C0EBB593.jpeg

Last edited:
I have ten adorable muscovy ducklings who hatched this morning but unfortunately their mother passed away just after they hatched due to an unknown cause. I got up in the morning to check on her and saw the babies in the nest but she was laying about a foot away next to the water dish and breathing heavily. I’m not sure if she’d been neglecting herself because she was so focused on her clutch but I saw her get up almost everyday to eat and drink. I am devastated because she was my favorite hen and I was so excited to watch her raise babies. :( I’m glad I can raise her ducklings though and one is barred like her.
View attachment 2240600View attachment 2240599
Sorry for your loss! Beautiful babies! Good that all are healthy and dry. Mom gave everything for them before she passed. ❤

Back
Top Bottom