Show off your baby chicks!

One set of our 3-4 wk old GSLs.

And the other four. Not really babies anymore. My wife says this is their ugly phase but I still like them.

These are our 1-2 week olds. Sold as one Delaware (Della), 3 RIRs (unnamed), 2 Wyandottes (unnamed) and one Australorp (Joey).

And these three are our bantams. The dark one is Poker. The lighter, bigger one is Dora. The tiny one isn't doing too well and I sadly don't think she'll make it. Her name is Flower.

And these three are our bantams. The dark one is Poker. The lighter, bigger one is Dora. The tiny one isn't doing too well and I sadly don't think she'll make it. Her name is Flower.

We lost Flower this morning about 8:30. She had a broken leg. We isolated her as was recommended but she clearly was missing the girls we got her with. They cuddled with her last night when we put her back with them. She was alive at first check this morning but I had resolved to cull her today once I could tell the kids that she wouldn't make it. She didn't want to wait. Poor baby. At least she isn't hurting.
1f622.png

Our chickies went out for some outside time today. Updated breed collection is one Delaware, three RIRs, two wyandottes, one australorp suspected roo, one barred rock bantam, one cochin bantam. :love

I moved my chicks out of the basement Friday into their coop with a heat light at night. Today is the first day they were brave enough to venture down the ramp. Had 4 of 6 out at one time.

Last edited:

I am so, stupid, happy! This is Mary (Ameraucana) and Summer (Welsummer). The names may not be very original. But I have been looking all over to find these locally and finally did. We are on our way home from the farm! As for me, this completes my flock.

Back
Top Bottom