In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 16, 2010
welcome-byc.gif
NOTE: Tell how many eggs you get a day
jumpy.gif
and how many chickens you have
D.gif
. Also include what type of chicken is in the picture.
thumbsup.gif

RULES:

1. NO REWARD
hit.gif

2. PICTURES MUST BE APPROPRIOT
caf.gif

3. MUST BE YOUR CHICKENS
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif

4. MUST BE IN BY 4/1/2010
5. WINNER WILL BE POSTED BY EITHER 4/1/2010 OR 4/3/2010
6. THEME IS: HAVE IT YOUR WAY ( ROOSTERS, HENS, AND PULETS ARE ACCEPTABLE THEY CAN BE ANY AGE)

HAVE FUN
ya.gif
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
I have four RIR's I get an average of 3 eggs a day from them. Here is one of them.

47597_put_in_personal_page.jpg

Last edited:
This is Rix, a White Crested Black Polish. She lays every day. She is with a flock of 21 chickens, most being Silver Laced Wyandotte and a few being Brahmas, Polish. Easter Eggers, and a New Hampshire Red. All together I get about 12 eggs a day, because most lay their eggs throughout all the hidden places in our 3 acre pasture.

4383350449_e4791943c9.jpg

Last edited:
DSC00740.JPG

this is lovelace, a 1.5 year old gold-laced wyandotte.

she is a wonderful layer...laying about 5 eggs/wk now that it is getting warmer and lighter. i have six hens and get 4 or 5 eggs a day. her egg is particularly pretty too--almost round, creamy pink tint, and super glossy. it seems to almost glow.

this is Brown Chicken I, one of my former RIRs, we had 8 hens altogether when she was alive (2 RIRs and 6 Black Stars) along with 10 RIR roos and then later only 2 RIR roos, they laid 5-8 eggs in the winter and 7-8 in the summer, and one of the Black Stars (Whitey) laid a double yolk egg every day. they were the best layers i have had so far, but, all but 2 hens (1 of each) disappeared one night.
27597_christmas_water_park_chickens_egypt_fair_funeral_and_jack_187.jpg

I was only going to post my leghorn as my best layer but the truth is my buff orp is just as consistent. Here they are...

Littlun
9 1/2 months old, lays 6 eggs a week.
IMG_4667.jpg

Honey
8 1/2 months old, lays 6 eggs a week.
IMG_4677.jpg

Oops, forgot my total chicken count. I have 5 total ladies.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom