Show off your Black Australorp

Pics
Well since these are the breeds that the woman I got them from had ordered I don't think she is a JG :). The black breeds that she got all look fairly similar when they're young which made it difficult to know which ones I got lol. I think that I finally got all of my chicks breeds figured out finally, yay!

Hello, I am getting Australorps, but they are coming as pullets. Will they come as chicks or not because I already bought the baby feed and brooder box. Any tips sorry I am a new timer.

Hello, I am getting Australorps, but they are coming as pullets. Will they come as chicks or not because I already bought the baby feed and brooder box. Any tips sorry I am a new timer.
If they are pullets, when they arrive then you can just put them right in the coop! They will still need the baby feed until they are 16 weeks old though. Do you have any specific questions that we could answer??

Where did you purchase from? Did you order them as started pullets or pullet (female) chicks?

Should I return my brooder box. And will they need any heat source. Ya they are female. And I got them from my feed store.

Last edited:
What I'm asking is if you ordered as "Started pullet" (which are usually nearing laying age) or chicks (which will need to be in a brooder)? Sorry for the confusion.

Okay, than that makes things even less certain since female chicks are sold as pullets (so the being pullets doesn't necessarily mean they will be ready to go in the coop right away). So I would recommend Ashvaz to hang on to the brooder and such until after you get them and know for sure their ages and if they're feathered out.

Back
Top Bottom