Show off your Black Australorp

This is my 6 Hens at 18 Weeks

This is them at 27 weeks, I believe this one is one of the 2 that started to lay this week.

One thing I've noticed my Australorps have different to some others on here is that the comb on mine is quite large. Mine are from Barter and Sons Hatchery barterandsons.com.au (plain text as I'm not sure i'm allowed to link on here). I researched where my line are from and found a post on another forum by Deb at Barter and Sons farm & Hatchery.
They're from the "Judson" line back in 1933. I'm sure it was Deb who I dealt with when I purchased my half-dozen.

I'll have to get a picture of them during the day in the next couple of weeks so you can see them properly. They're generally more 'fluffly' looking... but I startled them so they would stop pecking at the ground and I would then get a decent pose for a picture.

I have 3 BA pullets. They are 3 months old. Here is Fiona checking out my cat Bella. Bella is in the kitty run that is attached to the house. They can go in and out a cat door I had made into the laundry room window. My other two pullets are named Pheobe and Honey Boo Boo.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom