Show off your diy coop!

Pics
that looks very well thought out! Do you have an image of the plans? Also, is that electric line around the perimeter to ward off critters? I'm guessing you've had some predators try and get in there eh?

Before the fencing was added, we have 2 audible motion sensors and a motion light. The pics below are what the bear tried to do before the fence.

20180628_170734.jpg
20180628_171315.jpg

This is our first coop. I’m pretty proud of it! We wanted it to compliment our house as an adjacent structure. I designed it and the local career and tech center built the floor and walls of the coop itself out of old/repurposed lumber based on our design. We set it up on site and built the rest. A lot of our materials are repurposed from our property or my family’s farm properties. Ready for our chickens to go in it as soon as they are big enough!

Attachments

• E821ECE3-5DF4-4958-94C0-69AE072323E9.jpeg
    E821ECE3-5DF4-4958-94C0-69AE072323E9.jpeg
    761.5 KB · Views: 67
We are new to the backyard chicken World! We converted an old play house into a coop and built the run. We insulated the coop for the cold winters. I am sure there will be changes we have to make but for now this is home to our flock of 4.
I really love this. I want to do a clear roof over my run like this. The house is adorable. I don't see ventilation, maybe it doesnt show in the pics. I see win dr ows but in cool/cold weather thats not ventilation, it's a draft. I'd punch some big holes in the triangled points and secure with hardware cloth. Looks lije I shod look for play houses at yard sales. Beautifully done!

I really love this. I want to do a clear roof over my run like this. The house is adorable. I don't see ventilation, maybe it doesnt show in the pics. I see win dr ows but in cool/cold weather thats not ventilation, it's a draft. I'd punch some big holes in the triangled points and secure with hardware cloth. Looks lije I shod look for play houses at yard sales. Beautifully done!

The triangles at the top actually open and close upwards so it is ventilation. It can be cracked or it can be opened all the way. It is on a pully. All the windows are plexiglass or hardware cloth that close up for winter.
Thanks for the compliment!!! It was a lot of work but fun. We still have some winterizing to do on some things.

40096963_2086725601351827_6203838942039506944_o.jpg

In its first life it was a fishing shanty. They neighbors made it into a chick coop but lost interest. We acquired it, resided, added windows and some other updates. Not too bad now. Chickens seem to be happy. We reused siding removed from a job my son was doing. Only "new" material was wire for the run. Windows from an old camper.

Back
Top Bottom