show off your eggs!

Quote:
Yes. Although if you get Cuckoo Marans, and in most cases Blue or Splash Marans, do NOT expect dark eggs, but merely a slight shade darker than the average brown.

73552_dec_eggs_2010.jpg

Here are the last 4 days of eggs.
I hope I did this right

165729_1717535548657_1546313282_1684756_2084943_n.jpg

These were gathered this wek end. When our EE first started laying the creamy Sand colored egss i was disapointed, but now i like them and look forward to them. The one today was almost pale yellow.

Quote:

Oh my goodness...
droolin.gif
Your eggs are so pretty.. Tell us what breeds they are from... I know you have Marans and Ameraucanas but how about all the others

heres a few of mine from Wed.?? i think anyway?? well this week for sure
cool.png

71606_p1090482.jpg

thats one from everybody except the white leghorn (the "white" egg in the pic. is actually cream colored from my game hen)

Last edited:
i just can't wait to get my new EE this march (3 of them). i do think the creamy brown/white is a pretty color....i love all colors of eggs, from the very light, to the very dark. i have some Black Copper Marans eggs in the bator now and they're pretty dark! i hope everything goes well with the hatch. i'm hoping to have quite the assortment of different shades of eggs. but pictures will have to wait, as i will be waiting for all my girls to lay. out of my 4 girls that i have now, my BO and one of my EE is still going strong, laying eggs through the cold. good girls!!

I just took this slightly grainy picture a little while ago, late afternoon. The ladies have been testing out different coop locations to lay eggs lately - I have 8 coops. I got a couple eggs from other coops, but thought I'd check this smaller coop intended as a "grow out" coop and pen, not for permanent housing. Looks like it met with approval, and for the past two days, too.
41679_img_0126.jpg

Back
Top Bottom