Show off your eggs!

I think the ones that eat the fermented mash lay the best eggs.. really rich.. I just use yogurt , water , and laying pellets .. keep a layer of water on top ... Mix the dry into the culture when it is feeding time to thicken it up and then add more water to the top to cover it.. repeat the process everyday I keep a bucket going for a month or two it will grow white bacteria on the walls just scrape that right on in.. .. if it starts to smell foul from not being stirred or if it starts to smell like booze just add some ACV to it to slow down the culture growth.. The lactic acids in the feed break down and the eggs have a higher B vitamin content..So they say anyway ... All I know some of my chickens just love it and others would rather stick to veggies and pellets it makes the dry go further if they like it. ..

I think the ones that eat the fermented mash lay the best eggs.. really rich.. I just use yogurt , water , and laying pellets .. keep a layer of water on top ... Mix the dry into the culture when it is feeding time to thicken it up and then add more water to the top to cover it.. repeat the process everyday I keep a bucket going for a month or two it will grow white bacteria on the walls just scrape that right on in.. .. if it starts to smell foul from not being stirred or if it starts to smell like booze just add some ACV to it to slow down the culture growth.. The lactic acids in the feed break down and the eggs have a higher B vitamin content..So they say anyway ... All I know some of my chickens just love it and others would rather stick to veggies and pellets it makes the dry go further if they like it. ..
Nice. It looks like it takes a bit of work though :D

A monster with one that weighed in as Jumbo. This was the second one that big.

The monster in the carton with the regular eggs.

This was my first monster egg.

Check out that gram weight! Came from my smallest hen.

FIrst mondo egg again with one that weighed in as an x-tra large.

No double yolker in that shell - nope, two complete full sized eggs in there. Double inner whites, double outer whites, and double yolks. I nicked one yolk with a shard of shell when I broke it into the bowl. And just in case any skeptics think that's two different eggs, check out that white stringy thingy - it is attached to both. Crosses from one to the other.

Last edited:

A monster with one that weighed in as Jumbo. This was the second one that big.

The monster in the carton with the regular eggs.

This was my first monster egg.

Check out that gram weight! Came from my smallest hen.

FIrst mondo egg again with one that weighed in as an x-tra large.

No double yolker in that shell - nope, two complete full sized eggs in there. Double inner whites, double outer whites, and double yolks. I nicked one yolk with a shard of shell when I broke it into the bowl. And just in case any skeptics think that's two different eggs, check out that white stringy thingy - it is attached to both. Crosses from one to the other.
Wow. That is amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Quote: Very true!

One egg can almost fill up the bottom of my 6 inch skillet . And boy are the yolks dark sometimes darker than cheddar cheese .. They are free ranged .. I feed them fermented mash and I let them pick through the compost.  I usually give them about 40 gal a week in vegetables   and I have crumbles in the feeder .. just whatever they want to eat.. some like the fermented mash and some just like veggies and dry crumbs.. But they all love the veggies ;)

Yeah, I'll have to remember this

:bow

Back
Top Bottom