Show Off Your Games!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by fowlafoot, Nov 19, 2008.

1. fowlafoot

fowlafoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    Midwest
    The game breeds represent intelligence, athletic ability and beauty. This thread is designed for people who appreciate the character and look of game breeds. We all know there are quite a few misconceptions about the game temperment and I would like a thread where we counter those misconceptions with pictures and stories of how these fowl have touched your life. Please avoid any and all references to illegal activities and illegal uses of these fowl.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. CUDA

CUDA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Michigan
    I agree, here is a couple of examples of how my games are some of the calmest, most trustworthy birds on my yard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  3. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    do old english game bantams count?. IF not.. will have to get photos of my dads rooster (and some of my hens etc) Tomorrow [​IMG]

4. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    My Key West chickens are a game mix. Way smaller than a standard game. My roo Smokey is the best, very docile towards people, but protects his woman with his life. My chickens are extremely smart, make great parents and are beautiful.

5. fowlafoot

Apr 22, 2008
    Midwest
    I know some people will say they don't count because they don't have the same game temperment as say the American Games but I say lets appreciate all the game breeds even the bantams [​IMG] they all have special characters

6. DTchickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:Ok :} (and i dont know now OEGBs have a bad rep too, like pitbulls... except. bantam pitbulls [​IMG])
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]]

OH, found some old old pictures of american games we had years back (upload in a minute.)

1 person likes this.
  7. fowlafoot

Apr 22, 2008
    Midwest
    [​IMG]
    Here's my son holding HIS Thailand Gamefowl, the rooster follows him around like a dog and lets him pick him up and carry him around the yard [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Gaidin is a Reserve Champion show bird, judged by American Gamefowl Standards... Hopefully CUDA will post his Grand Champion Kelso too

Gaidin is very sweet. He makes sure all his girls are well fed and that they share. He sits on chicks on cold nights along with his hen Ninja who hatches 3 broods a year starting in late February early March. The chicks can stay in the pen with mom and dad until the stags get close to crowing age with no problems.

[​IMG]
    Fruitloop was a Toppy hen, notice the mohawk [​IMG]. She gave her life attacking a coyote so that her 9 chicks would have time to run to safety, RIP.

8. DTchickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    the old american games we had-
    [​IMG] Dads Doc robinson hatches,
    [​IMG] Dads Radios,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]-Grey, was... a radio/grey to be exact. little bit of griffon claret,
    [​IMG] white kelso (southern ace)
    [​IMG] my hatch grey, was a doc/bates i think.. or maybe a regular grey?
    [​IMG] brownred rooster, Unknown what type.. but had some Doc in him as well. very little.
    [​IMG] him again

All pets. got them from a guy around here somewhere besides the white.. got him from a guy online. such beauties will get the pictures of the current rooster and hens soon (not all the hens though, just a few)

OH, and all were very VERY gentle might i add, especially my grey, always held him [​IMG]

9. DTchickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:what was gaidins make-up if you dont mind me asking? a grey/blue cross?

10. fowlafoot

Apr 22, 2008
    Midwest
    Quote:A little Madigan Grey, some Miner Blue and a touch of Sweater Blueface -Stirred, rolled, and baked for 21 days [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by