Show off your house ducks!

@Scovy Momma Your vids gave me a little
hit.gif
. Until I got my own ducks I had NO IDEA how individual they are and how much personality they possess. I just recently had my first opportunity to meet a live Muscovy so now I can really appreciate the breed too. These videos show she was way more than just a duck and for I moment I was able to mourn your loss and share in the joy that was Daisy's life with you. Thank you.
hugs.gif
@Tevyes Dad What was the live Muscovy's name ?

@Tevyes Dad What was the live Muscovy's name ?
HaHa, Well.... I went to visit my sister in SC and while I was there I had the opportunity to visit a very nice couple who were in the general vicinity (you have to realize that in Montana, the next city over is 100 miles away from whatever city you are in so our idea of general vicinity is a bit larger than some). They had two Muscovy drakes, Ernie and Opie and several Muscovy ducks (I can't remember all of their names). They also have some geese and we had kind of planned to spend most of our "flock" time with them, but Opie was such a character that he completely stole the show.

Here is a brief vid with Opie:
0.jpg

We had a really wonderful time and were plied with great southern hospitality. There was hardly any language barrier at all
gig.gif
. I really wish we lived closer, I would love them to be able to meet our flock and return their hospitality plus we are already suffering from Opie withdrawl.

hide.gif
Shhh... Don't tell anyone, but the lady is a prominent member here on BYC, and her DH is a great guy...
hide.gif

HaHa, Well.... I went to visit my sister in SC and while I was there I had the opportunity to visit a very nice couple who were in the general vicinity (you have to realize that in Montana, the next city over is 100 miles away from whatever city you are in so our idea of general vicinity is a bit larger than some). They had two Muscovy drakes, Ernie and Opie and several Muscovy ducks (I can't remember all of their names). They also have some geese and we had kind of planned to spend most of our "flock" time with them, but Opie was such a character that he completely stole the show.

Here is a brief vid with Opie:
0.jpg

We had a really wonderful time and were plied with great southern hospitality. There was hardly any language barrier at all
gig.gif
. I really wish we lived closer, I would love them to be able to meet our flock and return their hospitality plus we are already suffering from Opie withdrawl.

hide.gif
Shhh... Don't tell anyone, but the lady is a prominent member here on BYC, and her DH is a great guy...
hide.gif
You are so funny. This is what I call hidden camera. Didn't even know you shot this.. Opie really took a liking to your shoes..
smile.png

I was amazed how well we could understand each other even Y, being from another country fit right in. Well actually being from the south is kinda like being from another country. Hi Y
frow.gif
I wish we were closer too i would love to meet the gang and get to hang out.
smile.png

You are so funny. This is what I call hidden camera. Didn't even know you shot this.. Opie really took a liking to your shoes..
smile.png

I was amazed how well we could understand each other even Y, being from another country fit right in. Well actually being from the south is kinda like being from another country. Hi Y
frow.gif
I wish we were closer too i would love to meet the gang and get to hang out.
smile.png
OK, the beans have officially been spilled (too bad too, those beans were delicious
wink.png
) and after I so artfully replied to you in the third person.
tongue.png
Yvonne got most of the pictures and both videos. I took two lousy pictures (I was having too much fun to bother taking pictures
big_smile.png
). With proper cropping, you should get some good avatar pictures out of them. If you ever find yourselves out this way we would love to have you come by. I would even get Tevye a set of spats and a bow tie for the occasion
lau.gif
Tell your DH we said "Hi", and we still aren't wearing orange jumpsuits
roll.png

OK, the beans have officially been spilled (too bad too, those beans were delicious
wink.png
) and after I so artfully replied to you in the third person.
tongue.png
Yvonne got most of the pictures and both videos. I took two lousy pictures (I was having too much fun to bother taking pictures
big_smile.png
). With proper cropping, you should get some good avatar pictures out of them. If you ever find yourselves out this way we would love to have you come by. I would even get Tevye a set of spats and a bow tie for the occasion
lau.gif
Tell your DH we said "Hi", and we still aren't wearing orange jumpsuits
roll.png
I'll remember that when we decide to make the trip that Spats and bow tie are a must. I artfully called Yvonne Y cause I didn't know how she would feel having her name plasted over the internet now you've gone and done it. lol

Maybe the SD card is in the mail box that is unless you sent it pony express. And how do I crop.. I am such a dummy with computers.
hide.gif

I appreciate you using just the Y (for the same reason I referred to your DH) but her name is already splattered in my signature.

Cropping varies slightly depending what program you are using, but the general idea is the same. I will describe the least common denominator (Paint that comes with Windows). Load your picture into Paint. Pull down the select box and click on rectangular region. Select the region of the picture you want to keep using the mouse. This will make the choice "crop" next to the "select" pull down active. Click on crop and there you have it, everything else goes away. You may now save your altered picture. If you want to keep the original, use Save As... and select a different file name from the original. If you don't like it, you can hit <ctrl>Z to undo the crop and try again.

I appreciate you using just the Y (for the same reason I referred to your DH) but her name is already splattered in my signature.

Cropping varies slightly depending what program you are using, but the general idea is the same. I will describe the least common denominator (Paint that comes with Windows). Load your picture into Paint. Pull down the select box and click on rectangular region. Select the region of the picture you want to keep using the mouse. This will make the choice "crop" next to the "select" pull down active. Click on crop and there you have it, everything else goes away. You may now save your altered picture. If you want to keep the original, use Save As... and select a different file name from the original. If you don't like it, you can hit <ctrl>Z to undo the crop and try again.
Can you come back and help me? lol oh yea I see that now both your names. Okay !!

Last edited:
Can you come back and help me? lol oh yea I see that now both your names. Okay !!
Not a problem, in a heart beat. Just set me up with a round trip ticket departing on the Saturday morning of your choice and returning the next Sunday evening (so I don't miss work) plus transportation from and to the airport in time for the flights or a rental car and I am there! Bam! No question! For you any day
lau.gif

* Of course you could probably get professional help near you for far less than that even though I wouldn't charge you a penny.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom