Show off your house ducks!

Maybe. The owners are very nice, and I know they do their best to take care of him. They said that he wasn't very socialized, and whenever we tried to pet him, he barked and shied away.
He might be territorial, though. that sorta makes sense, except I wish he wouldn't see the whole road as his, lol! I'd love to get to know him, but I sort of like my arms...

Hi, Tevye's Dad is right, My " ducks have a night pen that is in their basement where she can visit them easily while "indoors" but they go outside into a day pen when unsupervised, or to her garden when supervised for insect control. (I believe she has a storm door kind of arrangement so that the ducks can get from the basement outside.)"

It's a walkout basement. I made their "barn" area right near the door, so they can run straight out into the back yard.

This watering station really helps it work nicely - the bedding stays pretty dry. It gets a little moist from manure, but I spot pick that daily (most of the time - some busy days, I just use a cultivator and fluff it up).

All 3 of Scampiis babies made it! Unfortunately my humidity was too high and even though all 3 of cookies eggs began hatching they died in shell.
1f62d.png
I will try again for cookie babies. I love these little darlings.. So much more affectionate hand raised too!
1f60d.png

All 3 of Scampiis babies made it! Unfortunately my humidity was too high and even though all 3 of cookies eggs began hatching they died in shell.
1f62d.png
I will try again for cookie babies. I love these little darlings.. So much more affectionate hand raised too!
1f60d.png
Congrats on your new lil lings!! so adorable @Mamaduck2

Hi, Tevye's Dad is right, My " ducks have a night pen that is in their basement where she can visit them easily while "indoors" but they go outside into a day pen when unsupervised, or to her garden when supervised for insect control. (I believe she has a storm door kind of arrangement so that the ducks can get from the basement outside.)"

It's a walkout basement. I made their "barn" area right near the door, so they can run straight out into the back yard.

This watering station really helps it work nicely - the bedding stays pretty dry. It gets a little moist from manure, but I spot pick that daily (most of the time - some busy days, I just use a cultivator and fluff it up).

Walk out basement instead of storm door. I couldn't remember if they had to go up to go out... Lol. Thanks for all the additional info, I'm sure it will help.

Can anyone give me an approximate age on my ducks? The last picture I posted is the most recent of them. Since this is my first time having them, I don't really have an estimate.. They're getting their white feathers, but still SUPER fluffy. I'm trying to follow along with the treat list, and don't want to give them anything they can't handle. Right now they LOVE their mashed bananas. lol. Not so fond of peas though....Thanks!

Oh wow, lol. I was way off on my own then. I thought they might be 5 weeks old. I'm glad I asked!! Thanks

I'd think at the most four weeks? But this is just an estimate and I am not an expert, lol...
Could you show me a picture of hem when you got them? How long have you had them for?

Back
Top Bottom