Show off your house ducks!

Pics
I hope that's all it is, admittedly I haven't the foggiest how to get Wobbles to control herself like Floki so I dunno what the "I gotta poop!" signals would look like. How DID you do it?!

Last edited:
In all honesty, what I think helped Deema the most with "potty training" was her diaper. Once she started laying eggs, if she had an egg in her diaper, she absolutely would not poop on it. So first thing in the morning, Id take her outside, unclip her diaper and she'd go. It helped her learn the routine. Plus tomatoes are her fave treat, and mine too, lol, so we always have them stocked. Every time she pooped outside, she got her treat. She finally got to a point where she didnt wear her diaper at all because shed just go to the door and quak to get out! When holding her, her signal was always the same, shed just get real antsy (sp) so Id take her out real quick and sure enough, shed go! Her diaper helped her figure out how to hold it a little until she was where she was supposed to poop, ya know? Shes back outdoors now but even now when I hold her, still the same antsy dance til she gets put down and goes! I miss her being indoors but shes fully healed from her attack with a full brood of buddies!

Heres a recent pic...

And heres some of the babes, 6 weeks old now! Well, 2 are 5 weeks, the rest are 6

I never get over here anymore! Been working like a crazy lady (sewing and school) and preparing for family for the holidays.
But I wanted to share a photo with you guys.
ChaCha comes to school every Friday. We are hoping to make it more regular but we have to figure out the best routine.
When at school, she lives with the Early Childhood Education group (5 kids all currently 3 years old). She plays on the playground and has snack and lunch with them. Then at noon, just the like big baby she is, she has naptime.
The children sleep on those folding nap maps but ChaCha is the alarm so she gets a special bed made up on one of the mini armchairs where she can see the doors and the teacher.
And perched on her chair she will sleep until pickup just like the other kiddos.

I'd love to get a picture of her whole set up but she wakes up as soon as I start to move.

sdlja;sdjadja;dj; THAT IS TOO CUTE! Omg! <3333

Man, I wish Wobbles was cool with kids. I tried to socialize him as best I can, but too much loud noise and he starts to quiver like a chihuahua, not to mention he's rather nippy around new stimuli. And kids are by nature noisy and grabby. Sigh. So much for volunteering him as a therapy duck.

Oh, by the way yes Wobbles is a he...last week out of NOWHERE his voice dropped and his tail went curly! I didn't puberty would happen so fast in a duck!

sdlja;sdjadja;dj; THAT IS TOO CUTE! Omg! <3333

Man, I wish Wobbles was cool with kids. I tried to socialize him as best I can, but too much loud noise and he starts to quiver like a chihuahua, not to mention he's rather nippy around new stimuli. And kids are by nature noisy and grabby. Sigh. So much for volunteering him as a therapy duck. 

Oh, by the way yes Wobbles is a he...last week out of NOWHERE his voice dropped and his tail went curly! I didn't puberty would happen so fast in a duck!

I was just going to ask about her/him. One of mine pekins got a tail curl overnight. Any luck with the pet sitting?

Back
Top Bottom