Show off your Red sex-links!! [[pictures included]] !! (:

Pics
They all look like pullets to me except maybe the one in the feed dish. These are RSL pullet chicks.

Here they are a little older. I did keep a couple of the males.

This picture when they were around a month old.

Here they are all grown up. I was doing an experiment with them.

Here it is, my RSL after one month.

i thought that all my chickens are cockerel except the brown ones, she is pullet. Maybe someday i buy a cornish cross pullet in order to have more than pullet.

Here it is, my RSL after one month.

i thought that all my chickens are cockerel except the brown ones, she is pullet. Maybe someday i buy a cornish cross pullet in order to have more than pullet.
You are correct you have all males but one. It was hard to tell from the pic as young chicks. Pictures sometimes don't always show true colors.

Oh boy, loving the photos. I have three red sex links out there right now..two are laying. I need to hatch some more for a couple to start this summer. :)

Quote:
You can breed a Rhode Island Red or New Hampshire Red male with a Rhode Island White female will produce females that have reddish down with white while males will have a whitish down, a Red Sex Link. The Rhode Island White is the only bird that normally carries dominant white. Other white birds may or may not carry dominant white.

Golden Comet, Gold Star, or Cinnamon Queen depending on the specific cross used) are produced by a number of different crosses. White Plymouth Rocks hens with the silver factor are crossed with a New Hampshire male to produce the Gold Comet. A Silver Laced Wynandotte hen is crossed with a New Hampshire rooster to produce the Cinnamon Queen. Additional possible red sex-link cross combinations are the Rhode Island White hen and a Rhode Island Red rooster Which produce a male that will hatch out white and can feather out to pure white or with some black feathering and the females Redish color with white on the tail feathers and maybe around the neck. A Delaware hen with a Rhode Island Red rooster. Males hatch out looking like the Delawares depending on the cross. Females hatch out red like the Rhode Island Red male. Coloring will depend on the cross, and they how they feather out. In the breedings the males can be either New Hampshire Reds but most use Rhode Island Reds.

Here is a picture of some Rhode Island Red and Red Sex link chicks. The white chicks are the RSL males.

This is one of the males and females a little older.

Here they are a little older

Here they are older yet.

You can breed a Rhode Island Red or New Hampshire Red male with a Rhode Island White female will produce females that have reddish down with white while males will have a whitish down, a Red Sex Link. The Rhode Island White is the only bird that normally carries dominant white. Other white birds may or may not carry dominant white.

Golden Comet, Gold Star, or Cinnamon Queen depending on the specific cross used) are produced by a number of different crosses. White Plymouth Rocks hens with the silver factor are crossed with a New Hampshire male to produce the Gold Comet. A Silver Laced Wynandotte hen is crossed with a New Hampshire rooster to produce the Cinnamon Queen. Additional possible red sex-link cross combinations are the Rhode Island White hen and a Rhode Island Red rooster Which produce a male that will hatch out white and can feather out to pure white or with some black feathering and the females Redish color with white on the tail feathers and maybe around the neck. A Delaware hen with a Rhode Island Red rooster. Males hatch out looking like the Delawares depending on the cross. Females hatch out red like the Rhode Island Red male. Coloring will depend on the cross, and they how they feather out. In the breedings the males can be either New Hampshire Reds but most use Rhode Island Reds.

Here is a picture of some Rhode Island Red and Red Sex link chicks. The white chicks are the RSL males.

Here they are a little older

Here they are older yet.

Oh boy! Look at all of those future layers!! Here come the eggs! Love these birds.

Do you sell eggs and ship them out?

Last edited:
My RSL, Snickers

woow..thanks for your advices, but unfortunately i'm living in Indoneisia, which is no Rhode Island Red or New Hampshire, our heritage chicken is JAVA. and i think is not match with RSL. Maybe i will try with cornish X Pullet, it can find at retail seller traditional market.

these the example our heritage chicken we called 'java chicken' different shape with Java US version

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom