Show Off Your Roadside Egg Stand / Egg Cart! Pics Please!

rapunzil

Songster
10 Years
Sep 17, 2009
Kendall Park, NJ
Well I've got some ideas for building a roadside stand to sell my eggs; one that I can wheel back and forth from the curb. I also would like to sell some surplus produce from my garden so plan on making it a little on the larger side.

So I'd love to see pictures of your roadside stands to get some great ideas from the great folks here! What would also be helpful is to learn how you keep your eggs cool in the summertime. And, do you use the honor method to sell eggs, or do you hang at the stand on lazy hot summer days and gossip with the neighbors?

I can't wait to hear your responses!

Cindy

Sounds like a great idea..

A few thoughts: check with your state to see if you have to have a lic. --in NC we can sell eggs from our farm w/ out one.. start selling from a roadside stand and you need one.
for keeping the eggs cool, you can use one of those coolers with rollers on it and put frozen blue-ice in there.. set them in a plastic tray to prevent them from getting wet..
My father in law was a 'truck farmer' and loved it. He would set his truck up at the farmers market (very small area) and he did it for the 'companionship as the money. He had his sign
made at a sign shop.. It's wood and 35yrs later, it now sits on the landing of my stairs...

Sorry I have no pics...but I have to say I love your signature..."Moving to the Country, gonna eat me a lot of peaches" LOVE that song! I'm sure this totally screams my age
wink.png

Augustmom Haaa! I love that song too! I put it on my signature line because at 40 years old I finally moved to my dream farm last October. It just seemed so appropriate! I have 3 horses and about 25 chickens, with about 15 more on the way!

Before I moved to my farm, I was living the part "Peaches come from a can, they were put there by a man, in a factory downtown....!"

Haaaa!

Hey Dixiedoodle -

Yes it is OK here where I live to sell eggs at the end of your driveway. Which is actually what I plan to do... Oops! I should have mentioned that.
big_smile.png

This is an idea of what I want to build, but mine of course will be made with lumber and plywood I have around the farm. But I can sew and paint, and think I can make something really cute and similar with a pair of bicycle wheels. But I don't need one quite this big! What do ya'll think?

http://www.countrydisplaycarts.com/files/3378371/uploaded/peddlers_cart_red_white_canopy.JPG

Cindy

Back
Top Bottom