Show off your roosters

HI, It's interesting you brought that "mites" up...we rescued him from a parking lot and then gave him up about 2months. I had 2 hens get ill after we brought him home, and (1) my favorite "Lady" ended up ill and with feather mites at the base of feathers and passed away a couple months after we had found Leo. I treated the other one and she is well. I have another hen that I have looked at don't see anything, but it appears the other hens are chewing her feathers on both sides...they seems to pick on her. Anyways, I've taken her out, sprayed her with poultry care and didn't see any mites. Anyways, no more rescuing. I know better . I had him quarantined but then he got out and we didn't force the issue. I should have forced the issue. So, since I'd never had a Rooster, and he was so beautiful and so sweet and so good to the hens. I hope the new owner treated him, I had no idea. We've had Hens for about 9yrs now and never had fleas/mites or anything. Thank you for your concern...

116ADFA9-96AE-4942-917E-D96B7E6E0723-2369-00000540EED0B0C3_zpsec1eb418.jpg

Roobs my Rhode Island Red, he's a lovely boy, likes his cuddles and has just become a daddy for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom