Show off your roosters

How's this work?

All you have to do is post pictures of you Roo's
1f44d.png

I know this probably isn't the right place anyone know where this would go?

Hey I am wondering if anyone knows what size hen an OEGB roosters can successfully Mount and fertilize the eggs? I have SLW's And a buff brahma Does He need a hen in bantam size?

Hey I am wondering if anyone knows what size hen an OEGB roosters can successfully Mount and fertilize the eggs? I have SLW's And a buff brahma Does He need a hen in bantam size?
If he is good rooster he will try no matter what size she is.. Obviously around his size is best for him and her, but a larger hen should be no problem if she is willing... if she don't want to then he might have harder time.

I have a spanish game successfully mating with large Modern game hen.

Last edited:

He sure will try, but I'd be very surprised if he was managing to fertilize any hens that size. Even if he is getting them every so often, fertility is likely to be poor. I don't think a bird that size would be easily capable of fertilizing anything larger than maybe a Silkie hen.

Back
Top Bottom