Show off your roosters

This was my barred rock rooster Bam-Bam from last year. He didn't make it through the summer. He was the nicest friendliest rooster I've ever had. I sure miss that little guy

Sorry to hear that that he's gone, he was a handsome guy!

We had an awesome Cuckoo Marans cockerel that didn't make it either, and I miss him like crazy!

I only have one rooster left right now. Hes around a year old Barred Rock named Crixus. I saved him from a buddy that was gonna butcher him. I'll post some pics of him soon. I got a handfull of straight run golden laced wyandottes and silkies that I'm going I get a couple roos out of. Fingers crossed

This is my Barred Rock roo, Crixus. Hes a littke agressive but I tolerate it:)

This is my Barred Rock roo, Crixus. Hes a littke agressive but I tolerate it:)

Sorry to be a downer but it should NOT be tolerated! If he is still young it will get much worse. The spurs can cause serious injury and think if a friend came and was admiring your birds and gets a spur sunk deep into his/her calf or shin. The injuries can be much worse if a child wants to admire your birds and takes a spur to the face. Many of us on here, myself included are trying diligently to breed the human aggression out of our future stock. Any unprovoked attacker in my yard immediately meets the stump then the soup pot.
There are too many nice roosters going into soup pots to tolerate bad behaving cocks.

Last edited:
You have a good point and I appreciate your advice. I've just been tollerating his crap and hoping he would grow out of it. Its been a while now and he shows no signs of changing his ways. I have purchased 22 chicks so far this year with half of them being straight run. I hope out of 11 one will be a rooster that wil replace him. Again, thank you for the advice

Here is one of our roosters, not sure of the breed, if anyone knows or can tell, please do! I have another that looks just like him, but he has a tall comb on the his head.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom