Show off your roosters

Nice!

Front and profile - Brahma cross (Mother americana?)

Another Brahma cross (mother black australorp?)

Father Roo - a bit dirty today.

The young roos hang out together and look like they belong in a Rock Band!
Great colors!

Everyone meet Cluck Norris the Buff Orpington
What a wonderful name! Love BO's, he's a pretty boy, is he gentle and sweet?

Nice!

My daughter's Silver and Gold Phoenix roosters.
Beautiful!

Daddy and Momma
He has wonderful colors.

He's a little confused lol.

Ah, I see. I didn't know it was illegal in that many European countries. I'd only heard of banning in the UK. I've heard of the poulet de Bresse birds, the raising process is very fascinating.

2015 marked the significant victory for animals welfare in the netherlands. After few years of professionally marketing the campaign against the hormone enhanced meet birds, the dutch animal welfare organization managed to build enough public pressures to all major supermarket to stop selling what we call plofkip (litterally bloated chicken). Nobody thought that it would have happened but when people stop buying them then the industry will eventually give up. Next stop would be McPlof nugget and kfc.

I remember seing this on the billboard of every bus stops and train stations for several weeks 3 years ago.

Last edited:
Hopefully one day America will start to address the problems and inhumane conditions that animals suffer here, it is sad that people want cheap food no matter the cost. Nice job Netherlands.

Last edited:
Hopefully one day America will start to address the problems and inhumane conditions that animals suffer here, it is sad that people want cheap food no matter the cost. Nice job Netherlands.

While no one likes animals to be raised under inhumane conditions, I think saying America wants cheap food is a little harsh. I would say most people I know want affordable food. I try to grow some of my own food and keep a watchful eye for sales, shop different stores, and I also try to notice what prices are on products that I may not be buying. Organic produce, fruit and vegetables can be two to four times its inorganic counterpart. Free range organic eggs can be as high as eight dollars per dozen. I just noticed ground beef was 6.99 per pound last week (Pork was the meat on sale.). So while a person may be very concerned, it may come down to what the family's budget can afford.

Back
Top Bottom