Show off your roosters

I finally got some better shots of my red rock cross rooster. I love this rooster. He's such a weirdo. He is sassy and such a little jerk -- bottom of the pack but a total **** disturber. He will annoy the other rooster then run away with a ridiculous waddle like "na na na na na na you can't catch me!" I also love how beautiful he is on closer inspection --- random orange, cream, yellow feathers peppering his back and neck-- blue and green feathers peppering his wings and tail. He is totally a looker -- just not right away! You have to get in there and give him a chance first.

I introduce you to our little Jerk Chicken.

"Jerk Chicken" ..... My favorite Jamaican dish! LOL!!
big_smile.png

(He *IS* awfully handsome!!)

This is Batman. I bought him and two others as week old Welsummer mix chicks. He is almost 5 months old. There is some questioning on parentage as they are clearly some sort of Wyandotte. He is covering his girls. He has a good demeanor so he is staying to be my flock protector

Here is our 'Chanticleer' (Chanticleer is his name, from the hero of the kid's cartoon movie 'Rock-A-Doodle', that our kids loved to watch when they were little) - not his breed. He's about 15 months old now and stands somewhere between a foot and a half and two feet tall (I've been meaning to put a yard stick up in the coop and catch him standing next to it so I can be more accurate - but it's closer to 2 feet). His body size is roughly between football and basketball. He does a great job of keeping things in order around his coop! - oh, quick edit... those are white feathers in his tail, not just a background lighting effect. They just started showing up over the past couple of months, and have grown a bit longer since this pic was taken.

Last edited:

Here is our Chanticleer. He's about 15 months old now and stands somewhere between a foot and a half and two feet tall (I've been meaning to put a yard stick up in the coop and catch him standing next to it so I can be more accurate - but it's closer to 2 feet). His body size is roughly between football and basketball. He does a great job of keeping things in order around his coop! - oh, quick edit... those are white feathers in his tail, not just a background lighting effect. They just started showing up over the past couple of months, and have grown a bit longer since this pic was taken.
Hate to break it to you, but with that single comb, he's not a Chanticler. Looks more like a Welsummer.

Back
Top Bottom