Show off your roosters

Most small fairs (that I've seen) pretty much straight up ignore APA rules and standards. This past year at my local fair (maybe 100 birds entered) Best English went to a "Buff Orpington" with feathered legs.
lol.png
gig.gif

Most small fairs (that I've seen) pretty much straight up ignore APA rules and standards. This past year at my local fair (maybe 100 birds entered) Best English went to a "Buff Orpington" with feathered legs.
lol.png
Kind of makes any sort of awards won seem pretty empty and pointless though. The judges might as well be blindfolded, spun around, and told to point. Whoever he ends up pointing at, wins.

Kind of makes any sort of awards won seem pretty empty and pointless though. The judges might as well be blindfolded, spun around, and told to point. Whoever he ends up pointing at, wins.

Basically, but I don't put much stock in small fairs anyhow. It's mostly just local kids with their hatchery stock Barred Rocks and "Rhode Island Reds", plus a few 4Hers who's parents got them OEGBs or Modern Games or Silkies from a breeder. There's not much seriousness put into it but no one seems to mind.

Back
Top Bottom