1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Show People, Help

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by AZChick, Apr 12, 2007.

1. AZChick

AZChick In the Brooder

Jan 25, 2007
    Arizona
    OK I am going to show my chickens for the first time next month. I know with rabbits there are certain clubs you should join, but I am having a hard time finding breed clubs online for some stuff. We will be showing Phoenix this time, and also some Cochins and Americanas . Ultimately we want Sebrights, Seramas, Phoenix and Hamburgs.
    So what clubs would be the most important to join now, and how do I contact them?
    Thanks

2. TheBigWRanch

TheBigWRanch Songster

Feb 12, 2007
    Wenatchee, Washington
  3. JamesC

JamesC In the Brooder

Mar 2, 2007
    AZChick:
    Try typing Poultry Breed Clubs into your search engine. You should get a complete list. I think it would be more important though to be part of a local poultry club. Being part of a breed club is only important for showing if they are holding a club meet at the show you are entering.
    The Americanas you are entering......do you mean Ameraucanas? Americana is not a breed, it's just a hybrid mix that will produce coloured egg. When entering a show that's sanctioned by the APA and/or ABA it's important to enter your birds correctly or they could be disqualified.

James

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by