Show Quail at Fair . . .

Quailbuddy

Songster
10 Years
Jan 8, 2010
Sonoma County CA
Hi I am looking into getting quail when i get my chickens . . . of course housed seperatly across the yard but does anyone know if you can show Quails like you show chickens ???
Just a thought
tongue.png

i'v heard myths and rumors of quail and gamebird shows but never seen one for myself. They aren't nearly as common as poultry shows for sure.

Quote:
ITS IMPORTANT TO NOTE BEFORE YOU POST STUFF LIKE THIS THAT ITS A VERY LOCAL THING.... FFA YOU COULD MAKE QUAIL A PROJECT, BUT IT IS NOT A READILY APPROVED SPECES SO THERE ARE NO SUPPORT BASIS FOR SHOWING--- 4 H IS THE SAME. SO YOUR LOCAL FAIR MAY ALLOW IT, BUT THEN AGAIN MAY NOT. THERE'S NO SUPPORT FOR IT HERE IN FLORIDA, THEREFORE NO SHOWS. BEFORE YOU GO POSTING "YOU CAN!!!" MAKE SURE ITS NOT A LOCAL OR REGIONAL THING... IF IT IS YOU'LL GIVE FOLKS WRONG INFORMATION WHICH LEADS TO BUMMED OUT ASPIRATIONS. I DO WISH THERE WAS A NATION ORGANIZATION FOR SHOWING, I THINK IT WOULD BE GREAT FOR GAMEBIRDS IN GENERAL AND HELPFUL FOR THE BREEDING/ FARMING INDUSTRY

I asked about showing a few of my coturnix at the county fair and the director said it would just be for people to look at, they wouldn't win anything though.

Back
Top Bottom