Show Quality Bird Photos?

bantyhen'sfriend

Songster
14 Years
Mar 22, 2009
Southern Wisconsin
I think it would be a good idea for people to have a thread they can go to to see birds of different breeds that are show quality, either for reference or to help select birds for showing.

So come on showpeople, and show off your birds! Add a bit of info as to how old your bird is and what breed they are.

I don't know if Show Quality is what I would call my Buff Cochins, definitely can call them Exhibition Quality. I will be showing them for the first time in the Gateway Double Show in Bloomington In on April 10th. A one day show. Worth taking the risk. And as always, since I did not have the egg these two come from laid or hatched on my property, I called and asked permission to show the Exhibitor I bought these two from.
7 months old in this pic. Will be one in April.
PoPs & Peaches

376223605.jpg

DSCN1488.jpg

SQ wheaten old english game bird bantams. My original pair, they've done surprisingly well in shows and so have a few of their offspring. I'll try to snap a few more pic's when it stops pouring. SQ can be a relative term, a bird that one judge loves could be disqualified by another. One of my friends got BOB with a bird at one show, the next show he went to the very same bird was DQ'd.

DSCN1528.jpg

And this is what SQ russian tumblers look like, you forgot to say show quality chickens...

Last edited:
Here's a SQ Rhode Island Red BANTAM ROO & some hens.
12005_bantam_chickens_103.jpg

Here is some Young ages 5months - 1 yr old (Silver Spangled Hamburg Bantams), Don't know if they would be cosidered SQ. what do you think BYC ???
12005_bantam_chickens_096.jpg

12005_bantam_chickens_091.jpg

12005_bantam_chickens_099.jpg

12005_bantam_chickens_100.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom