Show quality breeders

IzziesChickies

Chirping
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, I am looking for some good show quality birds from some private breeders. If you know of anyone or have hatching eggs/chicks and are willing to ship (or have adults and are within an hour and a half of Springville PA) please let me know
1f60a.png
I'm looking for the following breeds:

Wyandottes (silver laced, blue laced red, black, blue, and white)
Langshans (preferably black but open to other colors)
Sussex (light, speckled)
Marans (any coloration)
Pure Ameraucana's(blue, black, Wheaton)
Plymouth rocks (barred, white, buff)
And lastly Brahma's (any color)

Thanks ahead of time
1f60a.png
my email is [email protected]

Last edited:
It may be an idea to check out the Clubs / Associations from the breeds that you want. I just did this search, for example - american wyandotte breeders association and it came up with 2-3 for the States. I would have thought that there would be a list of breeders / members somewhere among them.

CT

It may be an idea to check out the Clubs / Associations from the breeds that you want. I just did this search, for example - american wyandotte breeders association and it came up with 2-3 for the States. I would have thought that there would be a list of breeders / members somewhere among them.

CT

Okay thank you so much! I'll give that a look
1f60a.png
hopefully I find people willing to ship either eggs or chicks or someone close enough I can do a pickup! Thanks again!!
2764.png
1f413.png

Hello, I am looking for some good show quality birds from some private breeders. If you know of anyone or have hatching eggs/chicks and are willing to ship (or have adults and are within an hour and a half of Springville PA) please let me know
1f60a.png

Sussex (light, speckled)
Marans (any coloration)

Thanks ahead of time
1f60a.png

X2 what CTKen said. That's where I started. I'm looking for breeders of Barred Rocks and Brown Leghorns, and while I located a couple of good Barred Rock breeders I haven't had much luck with Brown Leghorn breeders. I tried to get in touch with the American Brown Leghorn Club but they're sort of in limbo right now and I've had the most luck with their Facebook page. So you might want to check Facebook as well as a source. Just my $0.02 but good breeders are hard to find. That just makes me all the more determined to become a good breeder myself. Oh, and also you might want to join the American Livestock Conservancy because they have a breeder list as well.

X2 what CTKen said. That's where I started. I'm looking for breeders of Barred Rocks and Brown Leghorns, and while I located a couple of good Barred Rock breeders I haven't had much luck with Brown Leghorn breeders. I tried to get in touch with the American Brown Leghorn Club but they're sort of in limbo right now and I've had the most luck with their Facebook page. So you might want to check Facebook as well as a source. Just my $0.02 but good breeders are hard to find. That just makes me all the more determined to become a good breeder myself. Oh, and also you might want to join the American Livestock Conservancy because they have a breeder list as well.

Thanks! I'll check out some Facebook pages as well then
1f44d-1f3fb.png
1f60a.png
and I hope you find some good brown leghorns! I've got som hens (just hatchery quality) but they are quite pretty and lay some nice sized eggs! Good luck to you
1f60a.png

1f60a.png

Sussex (light, speckled)
Marans (any coloration)

Thanks ahead of time
1f60a.png

There is a breeder local to me that has (from your list) Speckled Sussex, Blue/Black/Splash Marans, French Black Copper Marans, true Ameraucana (Lavender and blue/black/splash), and Light Brahma. They also have Araucana, exhibition quality.

I get from them locally, but they do ship as well. sawmillchickenfarm.com

This is my current Blue/Splash Marans hen from this breeder. She is about 7 months old and lays beautiful, perfectly shaped dark brown eggs.

There is a breeder local to me that has (from your list) Speckled Sussex, Blue/Black/Splash Marans, French Black Copper Marans, true Ameraucana (Lavender and blue/black/splash), and Light Brahma. They also have Araucana, exhibition quality. I get from them locally, but they do ship as well. sawmillchickenfarm.com This is my current Blue/Splash Marans hen from this breeder. She is about 7 months old and lays beautiful, perfectly shaped dark brown eggs.
Thanks! I'll check out this person
1f60a.png
you've got a very pretty girl there by the way
2764.png

Back
Top Bottom