Show Rabbits - What should I do?

ChickaChicka1

Songster
Feb 16, 2024
CO
Hey all! Does anyone on here know information about the rabbit projects for 4h? I'm getting a rabbit this spring, and possibly showing him next summer at our county fair for 4h.

There's 3 different projects you can do with rabbits for 4h though: market, breeding, or companion. I'm definitely not doing market 🙃...

So either companion or breeding. However, I don't really want to actually breed rabbits because I don't want them going to bad homes when I recommend them. One of the many extension office websites for 4h online said "breeding is not mandatory" for the breeding project, but that makes no sense. Does that actually mean you can be in the breeding rabbit project without breeding?

For the companion rabbit project: can you still show your rabbits the same as you would with the breeding projects? And win GC and other awards for him still? Is it required to neuter your rabbits in that project? I'm pretty sure you can't show fixed rabbits, so if for the companion rabbit project you have to fix them, does that mean you can't show them?

So many questions!! If any of yall know or know someone who might know, please share your knowledge or tag the other person. Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom