Show us your poop! Er, droppings boards.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by FrontPorchIndiana, Jan 4, 2009.

1. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Well, your droppings board or droppings pit if you have one. With or without poop. [​IMG] There are lots of us that would like to see options for these sorts of things so please share.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG]

3. Farmer Brown

Farmer Brown Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote:That's what I said!!!!! [​IMG]

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

I hope you mean chicken. [​IMG]
    Imp

5. Farmer Brown

Oct 22, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  6. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    I don't have a dropping board but just about any scrap of lumber of decent size should do.

7. birdbrain2

birdbrain2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2008
    belleville, IL.
    i too have been searching for pics of dropping boards or litter trays. i understand the concept, but would like to still see some pics. i would also like to see how you might be set up, under ladder roost or 2-4 roost the same height and etc . i wanna maximize space in small coop. i think people just don't like to show their poo.
    just like when i am looking for a recipe in a cook book, i won't make it unless there is a picture.

8. Farmer Brown

Oct 22, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    I know that I have seen poop trays or boards on some BYC'rs byc sites. I know this doesn't help much but the pics are out there. [​IMG] Maybe start on the coop pages and go from there.

9. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    It's dark out........I will post pics of dropping board tomorrow.

Can you imagine how happy my girls would be if I went out there at 8PM and started taking pictures!!!

10. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    Your killin' me !!! snort snort snort....if you want to come to Ontario I will let you see the chicken POOP boards up close ....you can even clean them....I think theres about three inches of poop mountains on them now.....My hubby used steel brackets ...L shaped....use them to put shelves up....and we "eyed" it toline up the board under neath ....if they sat both ways on the roost .....if their butt was over the board...so they couldn't poop on the nest boxes below....worked great....Sorry I am still waiting for my teenager to help me in cyberspace to put photo's up....good luck !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by