Showgirl chicken? What? Could someone please explain this to me? xP

Quote:
Actually, I believe it has more to do with the mating selections made by the breeder than the # of generations away from a turken. Even in silkies without showgirl blood I have seen a single comb pop up out of the blue. I had my first ever single comb pop up out of my black silkie pen this year- it was out of the blue. Haven't found out who is carrying it because it hasn't happened again,...

I agree with Ultasol 110%!

it is very easy get single combs and red comb out of showgirl to showgirl breedings i have not got many because i breed showgirl to silkie most of the time to improve type

Quote:
I agree with Ultasol 110%!

it is very easy get single combs and red comb out of showgirl to showgirl breedings i have not got many because i breed showgirl to silkie most of the time to improve type

I would not know as I do not do showgirl to showgirl, but out of about 100 hatched I got one red combed lavender roo (he can be seen on my listings that I was trying to give away as a pet), and never a single comb. Luckily I do not see DQs in my stock other than that one boy. I am also very picky about middle toe feathering (if they don't have it, or have enough they are pets), wings, and lack of feathers on the face...I personally hate the look of the ones with a receding hairline
sickbyc.gif

Quote:

I would not know as I do not do showgirl to showgirl, but out of about 100 hatched I got one red combed lavender roo (he can be seen on my listings that I was trying to give away as a pet), and never a single comb. Luckily I do not see DQs in my stock other than that one boy. I am also very picky about middle toe feathering (if they don't have it, or have enough they are pets), wings, and lack of feathers on the face...I personally hate the look of the ones with a receding hairline
sickbyc.gif

Once again I agree!

One of the very BEST breeders of Showgirls is in Texas: Brenda Gambill of brensbirdsofparadise.com. Another is Angiemamatx. Both will ship when the weather permits, and both are very nice women.

Brenda lives in Paradise, north of the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, and Angie lives farther south. I don't remember exactly where.

Back
Top Bottom