Showgirls

Frozen Feathers

Songster
12 Years
May 4, 2007
Maine
Does anyone breed showgirls?? I want to breed my own, but don't like the idea of paying more then $40 for 6 hatching eggs or over $100 for a pair. If I breed my own (get some turkens to cross w/ my silkies), how many generation would it take before the chicks will hatch out perfecto showgirls?? I'd like to also breed blue ones...am I hoping too high??

In one of the other threads this is what I found for you...

I have way too many Sg cockerels currently. I listed 2 of them on eggbid.

eggbid.com/listings/detai...1179202814

eggbid.com/listings/detai...1179203265

If anyone had any questions,feel free to email me!!
[email protected]
PP
www.stoneyacres.net

Wish I could be of more help to you. Best of luck.​

Yeah, I think as much of a pain it would be...it'd be cheaper to establish my own line. Even for the roos, it'd be $75 by the time I got him shipped!
th.gif
Imagine all the turken chicks I could get for that! I've already got the nice silkies.

Thank you Carole AM! I will defiantly keep my eyes open. I did however just put in for an order of Turkens...
It's hard to find chickens of any breed where I am. I did find a breeder an hour away who wanted $100 for breeding pair of SG's. Sticker shock!!
ep.gif

I think what I'll do is start crossing for a few years and then add some outside homozygous Showgirls to my flock, I've already started to save my $$.
lol.png
Cheryl does have beautiful birds, actually I happened across her on E-bay selling hatching eggs, (that's how I learned about SGs) and since I don't even dare put a mixed breed chick in my bator yet, I wasn't willing to pay the price!

Back
Top Bottom