Showing birds at my first national show

BeaghCochin

Chirping
Jul 3, 2019
Never showed birds this time last year , now I’ve embarked on showing at my first national show which was also a regional for the breed I keep standard Cochins , entered 2 birds , a black cockerel and a blue hen ...managed to get Best blue ! With Penelope my hen

my black cockerel didn’t get carded but will learn from this :)

Attachments

• 86E79F57-5A2E-43CA-BAE9-0F977082DBB5.jpeg
    86E79F57-5A2E-43CA-BAE9-0F977082DBB5.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 22
Good Job! Do you breed from your own hatch? What do you feed them? Thanks for sharing the photos. Do you have to do special maneuvers? Or just let the judges check them in the crate?

Good Job! Do you breed from your own hatch? What do you feed them? Thanks for sharing the photos. Do you have to do special maneuvers? Or just let the judges check them in the crate?
Well done. How many birds do you have, and good luck with your breeding program.

Yes I do breed from my own , they get fed a right mixture of grains just and bits of cabbage and other such leafy vegetables once or twice a week.
They are washed and dried and you put them in the crate an walk away and wait. The judge takes them out and checks them against there breed standard and looks at overall condition etc...
I have 2 blue hens , 2 splash hens and 4 black hens , then 1 blue cockerel and 2 black cockerels

Never showed birds this time last year , now I’ve embarked on showing at my first national show which was also a regional for the breed I keep standard Cochins , entered 2 birds , a black cockerel and a blue hen ...managed to get Best blue ! With Penelope my hen

my black cockerel didn’t get carded but will learn from this :)
How do you manage to quarantine the birds you show?

Back
Top Bottom