Showing chickens

Thanks guys
hugs.gif
If you have any other questions please feel free to ask me anytime. Maybe one of the mods. could make it a sticky.

If I am not showing a bird, but simply have a stinky silkie, could I use baby shampoo?

What is the reasoning behind using dish liquid or cheer laundry soap?

Thanks!

Lee

Quote:
Some soaps make their feathers brittle and breakable. But if your not showing her you could just use dog shampoo, for white birds they have a special whitening shampoo for dogs that works great on white birds.

I have 3 Barred Rock Bantams and they are great! I brought them to the 4-H fair b/c I am in 4-H and it was my first time. I did great! I won Grand Champion Poultry Showmanship, Reserve Champion Rooster, Grand Champion Hen, and First Place Novice... AND IT WAS MY FIRST TIME!!!Any good facts would be very much appreciated about Barred Rock Bantams. Helpful info would be the varieties and combs other than the 6 basic. Also, there are... idk, like different categories? It was something I had remembered for showmanship but some of them were like Mediterranean, Oceanic... I cannot think of what it would be called!?! Please Help

Definitely very informative Thank you Purely Polish I have a show to go to in a little over a week and now am feeling more relaxed knowing which method to use Thanks, ~Fancy Favie~

If I am not showing a bird, but simply have a stinky silkie, could I use baby shampoo?

What is the reasoning behind using dish liquid or cheer laundry soap?

Thanks!

Lee

Baby Shampoo actually works the best. It's not too rough on the skin, it gets them clean, and dish soap is harsh on the feathers.

its lice. i killed it. its little white clusters.. but they are like GLUED to the shaft../ oh well.. i use sevin its some kinda pest killer. works well

I don't know if you want to use Sevin. That stuff is nasty. You might end up with some dead birds. Unless you aren't actually putting it on the birds, and just on the feathers after you pull them out.
We use Adam's Flea And Tick Mist for Dogs and Cats. Works great, but this stuff is even made for animals and you can kill birds by using too much.

Back
Top Bottom