Showing for the first time?!

LovinMyPeeps

Sees Wine Dots
10 Years
Mar 22, 2009
Heuvelton, NY
So I'll be officially showing birds for the first time on September 18th. I have very nice private breeder birds including a pair of gorgeous white crested black polish pullets, gold laced wyandotte and barred rock hens and I also have a gorgeous BLRW roo that would be worth showing just to check type. I have the APA guidebook and it's specific, but I'm a more visual creature. Where can one find good specific photos of show quality birds?? I really want to do well. I have spoken with others that show. I know I shouldn't bathe them any later than four days before the show and house them seperately and as cleanly as possible. What else do I need to know? Can you experienced show folks out there help me out??

pop.gif

I am particularly interested in how to get a white bird white again after she's been dust bathing in a mud puddle.

Wash the white birds in a second soap bath with whitening shampoo. Horse shampoo, like Wonder Blue, works well for me. But then again, I have a white horse. I get the whitening shampoo at Farm & Fleet, but you can probably pick up some whitening shampoo for people at WalMart.

go to the breed sites for your individual breeds. they usually have pics of some of the top winners. sites like feathersite post any pic submitted and not all are show birds. can you post some pics of yours here ?

Back
Top Bottom