Showing signs

1 chick hatched 20200603_080228.jpg

Today i am moving here from the incubator to the brooder. Shes was trying to peck the other eggs shells any idea why?

Today i am moving here from the incubator to the brooder. Shes was trying to peck the other eggs shells any idea why?

I don't have experience with quail, but baby chickens peck everything at least a few times--it's how they learn about the world. I often imagine that they say "What's that? Is it good to eat?" The adults do it too.

Ok well that makes since but she only did it to 1 egg right in the pip hole. Is it still the same thing?

I have 3 snowflake bobwhite quail eggs ready to hatch. I decided to poke saftey holes after the first interal pip. They have started pecking but no large holes. There are a few cracks and little pips but thats all we are at day 22 or 23. I was just putting it out there to hear opinions and stuff
Your good just have patience i have shaking chicken eggs im so excited its like right before you have your kids its like I'm at 39wks and 5days its gonna kill me

Sadly only 1 chick survived. She is doing very well. Tonight i am going to reorder 5-6 more

Back
Top Bottom