showing Silver laced wyandotte

willowbranchfarm

Chicken Boots
12 Years
Oct 3, 2011
Virginia
My Coop
My Coop
Does any one here have a silver laced wyandote? I have two that are chicks and I want to show them. I wanted to know if the do well at shows. I also have a black australorp and she is a chick too. I want to show her also. Any ideas?
wee.gif

Welcome to BYC
smile.png

6 minutes really isn't enough time for someone to find your thread that would be able to help you.

I don't show my chickens and I don't have any of those breeds but I do know that you won't be able to tell if they're good enough quality to show until they are full size. It also depends on where you are, which shows you are going to and whether or not they are APA shows in order to be able to know how good they will do in the show. We also need to know where you got your chicks from. If you got them from a hatchery more than likely they will not do good in shows as hatcheries are geared more towards people looking for chickens to keep as pets, for laying, or for meat.

Unless you got the chicks from a breeder that shows their own birds and can show you proof that they are placing well, your chicks more than likely won't do good in shows. And even then, not all chicks that come from breeders are show quality, they have their culls as well.

Back
Top Bottom