Shrink warped chick hatched but.

morganalefae

Head nut at the nut house
6 Years
May 2, 2017
Leicestershire UK
Late yesterday afternoon my eggs started to pip some have gone 12hrs with no more move ment. I opened a lil of the air sack as it had not been pierced and had to hunt for the beak. What I found once I found the chick was the membrane around the chick was stuck to it and was white as paper I read about using coconut oil or olive or to keep it moist until the veins got then and the yolk was absorbed. But one chick did not get the memo and kicked out within a hr and a half. But in worried it did not absorb the yolk ( I attached a pic) can you tell me if it in deed a yolk that had not been absorbed.

Attachments

• IMG_20170611_090225.jpg
    IMG_20170611_090225.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 11
Late yesterday afternoon my eggs started to pip some have gone 12hrs with no more move ment. I opened a lil of the air sack as it had not been pierced and had to hunt for the beak. What I found once I found the chick was the membrane around the chick was stuck to it and was white as paper I read about using coconut oil or olive or to keep it moist until the veins got then and the yolk was absorbed. But one chick did not get the memo and kicked out within a hr and a half. But in worried it did not absorb the yolk ( I attached a pic) can you tell me if it in deed a yolk that had not been absorbed.
How is the chickie doing?:D
Congrats on your hatch!

The bit has closed up quite as bit now another on just kicked free same thing going on with the new one. All the eggs are shrink wrapped last 2 were peeping about 2 hrs ago then nothing 30mins ago and still no pip si broke into the air cell found them upside down and near the middle of egg and very shrink wrapped.

All are peeping for now so fingers crossed

Attachments

• IMG_20170611_110640.jpg
    IMG_20170611_110640.jpg
    359.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20170611_110648.jpg
    IMG_20170611_110648.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 4
2 more have kicked out one a bit bloody but seems ok. 3 are trying to kick out 2 have been moved to under the electric hen plus we are in a warm bed room so they are fine. Sadly the one that was shrink wrapped the worst I did not get to on time and had lost the fight. I have done a brief check and the yolk looks like it was rotting and smelled so I'm unsure if it would have made it anyway poor thing

Back
Top Bottom