Shrink wrapped??!?!?

This is what happened. No bleeding, but some weird gooey stuff? @Chickenwingwing
This is the same group of eggs from last night where the wet chick died, right?

I'm just waking up.

Next time...it would be better, for the people trying to help you, to keep everything about the same hatch in ONE thread.

If there isn't blood you can open the egg but know that this egg and the ones that are still in the bator are all probably going to have issues. It seems you had your humidity high throughout the whole incubation.

Humidity levels matter over time...trying to lower it on hatch day isn't going to do anything.

This is the same group of eggs from last night where the wet chick died, right?

I'm just waking up.

Next time...it would be better, for the people trying to help you, to keep everything about the same hatch in ONE thread.

If there isn't blood you can open the egg but know that this egg and the ones that are still in the bator are all probably going to have issues. It seems you had your humidity high throughout the whole incubation.

Humidity levels matter over time...trying to lower it on hatch day isn't going to do anything.
Hatch Day was on the 29th of April.Yes the same group of eggs. Im sorry, about the multiple threads, I’ll only do one next time. Thank you for the suggestion. We had it about 45-55% during incubation. Had 8 other chicks hatch without any problems. And yes this chick is now hatched and very healthy! Thank you, @Kiki for your suggestions. I appreciate it.

image.jpg

Hatch Day was on the 29th of April.Yes the same group of eggs. Im sorry, about the multiple threads, I’ll only do one next time. Thank you for the suggestion. We had it about 45-55% during incubation. Had 8 other chicks hatch without any problems. And yes this chick is now hatched and very healthy! Thank you, @Kiki for your suggestions. I appreciate it.
Did you salt test your humidity gauge?
Get your humidity down to 35-40 for your next batch and keep it steady until you see an external pip before you raise it.

Back
Top Bottom