Shrinking down bone broth + chicken feet question

VanUnamed

Songster
5 Years
Jul 26, 2018
Romania
Hello,
I was wondering, as we make our own bone broth, as it takes so much space in the freezer, can it be simmered down until it shrinks down a bit (aka evaporating extra water) ?
Also we have many chicken feet, can a broth can be made solely from these? we have more than the usual 6 or 8 that we put per batch.

Thanks

Hello,
I was wondering, as we make our own bone broth, as it takes so much space in the freezer, can it be simmered down until it shrinks down a bit (aka evaporating extra water) ?
Yes, then you can add water after thawing.

Also we have many chicken feet, can a broth can be made solely from these? we have more than the usual 6 or 8 that we put per batch.
Sure, give it a try, see if you like it.

Chicken feet make excellent broth! It used to be more common since feet could (and still can when you can find them) be purchased for very little $$. It has a higher gelatin content when using just feet. There are tons of recipes on line, link below to one, most say to boil for 5 minutes and drain (I assume for purposes of cleanliness-since they are feet?) and then to trim the toe tips so that the marrow and gelatin have an easier time getting out. I don't always trim the toes, but I cook for 24-48 hours, so everything there is to get out is got.
https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/how_to_make_stock_from_chicken_feet/

Back
Top Bottom