Sic Buff Orpington - treated for Coccidiosis, but still still sick...help!

larahannon

Hatching
Nov 14, 2015
My 7.5 month old girl, Rudy, has had watery diarrhea for about 10 days (and possibly longer). Her comb and wattles are shriveled and dry, and her wattles are starting to crack. She also now has a small whitish growth on the outer/upper part of each eye. I took her to the vet a week ago and he thought it was likely Coccidiosis (though I think he just didn’t know what it was and wanted to give us something to try). Her wattles and comb were not as bad as they now are when he saw her. Anyway, we treated her with Corvis (antibiotic) for 5 days per the directions, but she still has diarrhea…plus the other issues I mentioned (which I thought might be Favus, but that doesn’t really fit either based on the photos I’ve seen). She is still eating and drinking water (I have been adding probiotics and vitamins).

She has never laid an egg. The vet said she has likely been sick for a while, but only recently started showing symptoms. Please advise…I am very worried and sad.

Thank you,
Lara

Can you post a picture of her eyes with the white growth, and the cracked shriveled comb? Make sure that she is taking vitamins, probiotics, and electrolytes in her water, since her comb may be shriveled from dehydration. On Monday I would take in several fresh droppings for the vet to test for cocci and worms. A gram stain might test for enteritis.

Back
Top Bottom