sicilian buttercups!!!!!

Lol. Our Buttercup crows a LOT too! He crows if someone is walking outside that isn't one of his people. He crows a lot if a car is coming. He crows if one of his girls is too far away. He crows if the babies are being irritated by one of his girls. Oh and he crows for the heck of it!

Here are my two. They were suppose to both be girls, but you know how that goes! Can I get opinions on quality? They are from a hatchery, so I'm not too hopeful. They are about 3 months old. Thanks!

Mine are about the same age as yours, so they're not laying yet. I'm not too worried about the small eggs. I have plenty of other big hens to make up for the small eggs. :lol: I like the eye candy the Buttercups provide and boy they are the best foragers ever!

Mine are about the same age as yours, so they're not laying yet. I'm not too worried about the small eggs. I have plenty of other big hens to make up for the small eggs. :lol: I like the eye candy the Buttercups provide and boy they are the best foragers ever!

And make the biggest mess! Even as little weeks-old babies they took those feet digging all over my yard. I believe they actually taught my older EE girls how to do it. They hadn't been much for scratching before the Buttercups came along.

Which is the best place to get Sicilian Buttercups? McMurray Hatchery, Mypetchicken, or Ideal Poultry? I love the breed. They are absolutely gorgeous! I'm planning on buying a male buttercup to show. Thanks!

We got our BC roo from Murray McMurray and he is gorgeous! Not sure you can judge by just one of the breed, but he is a good example. We got him in the rarest of the rare day old chick order. All have done very well. Hope this helps.

We got our BC roo from Murray McMurray and he is gorgeous! Not sure you can judge by just one of the breed, but he is a good example. We got him in the rarest of the rare day old chick order. All have done very well. Hope this helps.

How about posting a picture of this "good example" of a Buttercup?

How about posting a picture of this "good example" of a Buttercup?

I will be happy to do that when he is feeling better. Right now he is fighting a pretty bad case of coryza and lice so he's not at his best. I am no breeder, but according to what I have read about the breed he has pretty good type. We don't keep him for that though, we keep him because he is a great roo. Very nice to the ladies and while he is head roo he is as gentle as they come. Right now we are just trying to get him better so he can go back out to the flock since the other roos wreak havoc when he is not there
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom