Sick 3yo hen

nancysmith2

Songster
11 Years
Mar 24, 2009
Alabama
She became lethargic, green diarrhea, comb seems normal really red because she has not been laying, seems to have diminished eye sight. Does not see me until I am right up on her. Does not see from the sides at all. She eats bugs, snacks, drinks, and goes in at night. Any ideaS

She became lethargic, green diarrhea, comb seems normal really red because she has not been laying, seems to have diminished eye sight. Does not see me until I am right up on her. Does not see from the sides at all. She eats bugs, snacks, drinks, and goes in at night. Any ideaS
Really red---like deep purple?? If so probably heart failure? If not, when is the last time you wormed her? Does her weight feel good, breast meaty or bonie? Abdomen normal in size or real hard, or big and squishy?

Thank you. She had been wormed recently. I never thought of heart failure. First think I thought of poisoning by something she ate but she didn't get better after 5 days. I put her down it is getting really hot here and I did not want her to suffer. She was just sitting around in the shade.

Thank you. She had been wormed recently. I never thought of heart failure. First think I thought of poisoning by something she ate but she didn't get better after 5 days. I put her down it is getting really hot here and I did not want her to suffer. She was just sitting around in the shade.
Sorry, but we have to do what we have to do!!

I know the way I raise mine----some don't go along with but Its My Way. I sell all my older birds at around 2 1/2 yrs old---Rarely have a layer to die under that age.

Back
Top Bottom