Sick 6-7 week old chicks. Please help

Well BB is back to her/his old self !!!! Thank you guys SO much for the advice. They are almost 7 weeks old and better entertainment than any cat or dog I have ever known :D

Our 6 week old chick Plum just did this same thing. Spit a clear fluid out of her mouth. She has been sleeping almost all day. Not drinking or eating much. The other chick Sugar, is active & fine. I have some electrolytes that I purchased when we brought the 1 year old hens home a year ago. Will this work or do I need SuperBoost, Tylan 50, Life-Lytes or Rooster Booster Vitamins.

When mine were chicks one did that and I started putting apple cider vinegar in their water and he, as it turned out, was fine in a couple days.

Chikky Chikky, Thanks for posting all of this info. I do give them ACV. I gave both the chicks electrolytes & probiotics (we've been trying to do organic so I guess not). I dunked his head in the water 20 times in a row about 4 times a day for 2 days. He got better yea! We also think Plum is a rooster & our adult rooster Elvis was beating him up, so we have separated the chicks again for 1/2 the day.

I'm really grateful for everyone that takes the time to share what they've learned
-Sharon.

Chikky Chikky, Thanks for posting all of this info. I do give them ACV. I gave both the chicks electrolytes & probiotics (we've been trying to do organic so I guess not). I dunked his head in the water 20 times in a row about 4 times a day for 2 days. He got better yea! We also think Plum is a rooster & our adult rooster Elvis was beating him up, so we have separated the chicks again for 1/2 the day.

I'm really grateful for everyone that takes the time to share what they've learned
-Sharon.
just wondering - how much ACV do you use?

Farmer Viola & LeoneB: please take Farmer Viola's advise.
I heard to give chickens ACV & garlic, but I don't recall how much was recommended. So now I know. Thank you Farmer Viola!

Back
Top Bottom