Sick and dying chicken

drjpb3

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 14, 2011
I had a chicken that I found hiding and when I pulled her out the other chickens attacked her and tried killing her. After picking her up she was vomiting and week. She later that day died. I am concerned about her death because she was the sweetest chicken ever. She has been my daughters baby for 6 years. But my biggest concern was why the others attacked her. Some of them have been with her there entire life and never had an issue. Why

I had a chicken that I found hiding and when I pulled her out the other chickens attacked her and tried killing her. After picking her up she was vomiting and week. She later that day died. I am concerned about her death because she was the sweetest chicken ever. She has been my daughters baby for 6 years. But my biggest concern was why the others attacked her. Some of them have been with her there entire life and never had an issue. Why
Welcome to BYC!

What a sad thing. Sometimes I think (this is my opinion - I don't have scientific research) chickens - or other animals will attack one that is weak and sick. It seems horrific to us -- but perhaps it is even preferable to having a disease ravage the rest of the flock - and bad as it is prevents them from a long and painful suffering....

Back
Top Bottom