Sick baby Mini-LaMancha

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by toddntiff, May 8, 2009.

1. toddntiff

toddntiff Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2008
    New Mexico
    My babies are 2 months old. I've started weaning them this week, there are 3 in the litter. One of them, the most social and completely quiet one, started doing some little cries today and is standing out in the heat/direct sun while the others are in the shade. She seems to be breathing quicker than the other two also. I have seen her eat and drink but I'm not sure what else to do. This is 100% different behavior from last night when she was riding around on my back like I was her surf board...I'm not sure what happened or where to go from here!
    Any help/advice would be appreciated!

2. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Have you checked her poo? Is she making berries or one big poo, or even a splat?

3. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    Does she have a temp? Is she standing hunched up, like in pain. I know where we are the weather is ripe rite now for Pneumonia and I have to keep a watch on mine. I would get a temp on the goat and if its over 102. which is basically a normal temp then I would give it a Banamine shot for the fever and get some Antibiotices as this might be whats wrong. Also you need to watch and make shre its pooing and peeing. A stopped up goats will be in pain also. At this age with it being a mini type goat I would still be giving a bottle at least 1 or 2 times a day if they are being bottle fed as you will get better growth out of them this way. I have 7 that are still being fed milk and they are 3 mths old and growing really wel. Milk is better for them. Have they been treated for Cocci? Justa few questions to figure this out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by